what would ur response be ..............

pward

hey all i work at mount edgcombe country park and house as a arb and today i was asked if i could cut down a 500 year old oak tree in a wood land to create a better entrance point thew the woodland for trainsit vans to get thew into a historic garden, what would ur response be ..... bearing in mind it is for a hippy tree hugger festival and there is a perfectly good entrance point (it was requested by a organiser of the festival not one of my bosses)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple no should do it! 500 years versus a 3day festival no brainer really.

Another option must be available, if its a hippy festival there would be uproar and i doubt very much if it would return for a second year if the party people learnt of the destruction.

hey all i work at mount edgcombe country park and house as a arb and today i was asked if i could cut down a 500 year old oak tree in a wood land to create a better entrance point thew the woodland for trainsit vans to get thew into a historic garden, what would ur response be ..... bearing in mind it is for a hippy tree hugger festival and there is a perfectly good entrance point (it was requested by a organiser of the festival not one of my bosses)

nope i think ur thinking of beutiful days thats a good festival :thumbup: and the organisers are top notch there

..........yes of course I can cut it down, I'm a professional tree surgeon and that's how I earn a living.:001_smile:

I would then probably say can we possibly remove something else rather than the ancient oak.

But, since this is the career we choose IMO it's not worth getting upset about felling trees.