is bigger better

dadio

I would have mewped it,but then I have one so no hire charges,I dont quite get why it 'should' have been climbed,or am I missing something?

I would maybe have gone for smaller pieces & sod the rigging, (unless its a sensitive area).

What matters is getting the job completed with no surprises,and with a good time/profit ratio in my books,each to their own prefered method.:001_smile:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stubs were later pruned to target cuts, and I thought that was explained.. the power pruner was used to remove the limbs initially before the tree was climbed. That was a quick way of making some room etc.. they stubs were recut to target cuts when the tree was climbed.. The format of the video was confusing, especially of you did not watch the whole thing..

And I don't climb when I can use the mewp. I would not have been taking such large bits if I had been tied into the tree.

I DID watch the whole thing....i forced myself to sit through it.....and you explained that some of the stubs were to be cut back, and you did show some of them cut back, but you also pointed out some that werent, and you explained that you were happy to leave them.:001_smile:

Fair enough if you video explained it. I fast forward anything more that 5 minutes because I get bored too quick. I did hear you say you left some stubs which is why I mentioned it.

I feel the tree should have been climbed so you could prune it properly.

Back to this video, looked to me as if thee was a danger of the stick popping back onto the bucket as you were cutting such a big piece. I'm sure you'll tell me you were out of harms way so that's fine. Perhaps I shouldn't comment as I very rarely use a mewp as I can hire a crane for a similar price.

Back to this video, looked to me as if thee was a danger of the stick popping back onto the bucket as you were cutting such a big piece. I'm sure you'll tell me you were out of harms way so that's fine. Perhaps I shouldn't comment as I very rarely use a mewp as I can hire a crane for a similar price.

Ditto above.... at 0.50 that was not too well thought out as it could have got caught up sooner, snapped the hinge then sprung back.

But other than that looked ok.

I thought the lowering line was pretty good as it pulled the bits away from the wood back towards the chipper.

Fair enough if you video explained it. I fast forward anything more that 5 minutes because I get bored too quick. I did hear you say you left some stubs which is why I mentioned it.

I feel the tree should have been climbed so you could prune it properly.

Must admit I dont like cutting big upright lumps from a mewp,too much to go wrong,but looks like Daniel had it all under control.:001_smile: