• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes

I have caught them live before by waiting patiently till the mound moved, then quickly sweeping the mound to one side.

I was trying this to try and get them to surface where my two spaniels were waiting

They are causing havoc on a grassed area I have down at my yard, so much so the ground is giving way when you walk across it.

I might have to resort to trapping them.

I want to catch some live ones to release in a garden of a customer that treated me like dirt last year :biggrin:

Yes

I have caught them live before by waiting patiently till the mound moved, then quickly sweeping the mound to one side.

I was trying this to try and get them to surface where my two spaniels were waiting

They are causing havoc on a grassed area I have down at my yard, so much so the ground is giving way when you walk across it.

I might have to resort to trapping them.

I want to catch some live ones to release in a garden of a customer that treated me like dirt last year :biggrin:

Ha ha don't they just drive you mad!!

I thought that would work too ........until I watched a documentry on them.

I cant remember what it was called......but basically they were doing the same as you in the pic. They some how filmed the mole in the hole...all he did was dig himself a little hole and put his head into until it was safe.

I used to catch them like you but went underneath them with a spade.

some died but I let the live ones go in a wood across the river from us.

I thought they wouldn't come back but the little sods can swim as well.:laugh1:

They aint half cute though, and the power in those front paddle/claw ry things is awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'll only need the one if you can persuade him/her to stay put!

Best time to catch moles is 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.

Dunno why, but a friend of mine who did mole trapping, catching and shooting for many years, said it was generally when they were most active near the top of their hill.

Didn't matter what time of year it was either. :confused1: