Arb Show Food

Treemon

Hi all, tahnks for your posts...good stuff.

YUP, the FOOD issue is one we still haven't cracked, and it's an importnat one!

We wanted to move away from the standard 'burger van' thing and bring something a bit different, whihc I think overall kinda worked, BUT the queue issue was one to be avoided, particularly on the Saturday (good for us tho as the end started in the AA tent so got to chat with some we probably wouldn't have ordinarily!) Sunday was a bit better...I think.

There was alos supposed to be a 'jacket spud' van on site but that didn;t materialise...not sure why but will chaeck it out!

On the cost issue, the outside event people who assit us build and manage the show reckong the prices were about avaerage (AND apparently much cheaper than at 'Take That' gigs, not sure who they are...HONIST!!!!) BUt I acknowledge if you didn;t enjoy what yer eating then expensive it is.

I tried both and, whilst I prefer my sausage skins a bit more cooked, thought both options were very tasty.

THANK YOU for your comments and, as always, I'm watching and lsitening so keep them coming.

Cheers all..

Paul

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, tahnks for your posts...good stuff.

YUP, the FOOD issue is one we still haven't cracked, and it's an importnat one!

We wanted to move away from the standard 'burger van' thing and bring something a bit different, whihc I think overall kinda worked, BUT the queue issue was one to be avoided, particularly on the Saturday (good for us tho as the end started in the AA tent so got to chat with some we probably wouldn't have ordinarily!) Sunday was a bit better...I think.

There was alos supposed to be a 'jacket spud' van on site but that didn;t materialise...not sure why but will chaeck it out!

On the cost issue, the outside event people who assit us build and manage the show reckong the prices were about avaerage (AND apparently much cheaper than at 'Take That' gigs, not sure who they are...HONIST!!!!) BUt I acknowledge if you didn;t enjoy what yer eating then expensive it is.

I tried both and, whilst I prefer my sausage skins a bit more cooked, thought both options were very tasty.

THANK YOU for your comments and, as always, I'm watching and lsitening so keep them coming.

Cheers all..

Paul

If you call £5 for a piece of dry french stick with 2 bits of bacon ok then your in another world and for lunch a dollop of mash with 1 sausage and a bit of gravy for £7.50 then your having a laff. there is NO excuse for providing crap food at rip off prices.

HI paul just like say that the tea was very good and very cheap by the way if you do not like the food full up before you go there easy as that when you live nr bath the food prices at the show was cheap as chips all the best jon now off to sainsbury.s to batter on sum meat owell jon :thumbup::thumbup:

The food issue was very disapointing. I drove from Poole to go to the show with my dad (his first show), and left for home in the afternoon starving hungry!! I was also disapointed by the fact that the show seemed smaller than usual, with less stands/companys present (perhaps a sign of the times) although the new site freshened things up.

I would have like to have seen some wood related crafts (other than the odd bloke milling) at the show. The likes of chainsaw carving, woodturning, etc as this always provides a lot of interest to myself and my friends.

I felt that other than checking in with companies I regularly have dealings with, I could have stayed at home and not really missed much.

Its shame i feel like this as i usually really enjoy any show that is arb industry related, and give my full support.

I won't give up on shows just yet however, as i'm sure issues will be sorted out for next year (one of which getting food pricing and queing times right).

I personally think the food was of a really good quality, the guys and girls at sausage fest worked flat out all day long, and their sausages, with about 8 different types were delicious! Queues were annoying, but I think knocking out that volume of quality food constantly, and doing it with a smile even at the end of the day deserves respect! I know Andy Collins agrees, as he praised the girls at the end of play on Friday! Think he might have just been after a free sausage tho!! ;-) I'd rather pay a lot of money for a quality sausage then pay half the price for your average burger van stuff! Just my opinions, but most I talked to over the two days agreed!

Seems like the catering people had a good cook and a bad cook to me haha, as for the price I didn't think it was outrageous considering the ridiculous amount you pay at a burger stand. I brought food with me in anticipation of queues, and they were pretty much non-existent! Loved the choice of beers and cider and even sandwiches at the bar, tasty stuff.

I know this seems a really strange idea, but if you went out for the day, you'd get some brekkie into you before you go, make do with a burger/hotdog/pizza whatever during the day, and have a good nosh-up in the evening so I really cannot see the problem here. I dunno, hairy-assed, rufty-tufty tree men whining about a 200meter walk on grass into a show, moaning about waiting for a quality sausage and mash, sort of sums up how good everything really was, as there really wasnt a lot to moan about! Personally I hope the "Sausage Fest" team and the pizzas are back next year, and maybe a grotty burger van to keep the rest of you happy, or bring a pack-up.

PS Eddie, got my free nosh from the girls :thumbup: