What Chipper?

~Jon.

I am looking at getting a lowish hour second hand chipper and I have been looking at a Timberwolf TW190DH or Jensen A540. To confuse things a bit I have had half an eye on a Jensen A430DI at a good price as well.

Could anyone help me out with pros/cons differences etc.

Cheers.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a real big one after seeing one in action today a Jenz Hem 700 is the dogs danglies.

Mind you they are not cheap.

Here is a LINK to some pics I took of it in action. It filled an 18.5m3 trailer in less than 6 mins. It used to take 2 of us all day to do the same with a PTO chipper.

Jensen for me any day of the week over those TW's. Never liked them, yet to find one that makes me think it will last. If you arent going to keep it for long and want a cheap chipper get a TW. If you want a decent really well engineered machine out of the two you mention get a Jensen.

I would reccomend a Jensen.I have two of them,they are well Engineered and well thought out.They seem to have the fastest stress control I have seen.Very reliable with great parts support if your need them.

Search in here for people asking for help fixing their Jensen,you won't get many hits.

I would reccomend a Jensen.I have two of them,they are well Engineered and well thought out.They seem to have the fastest stress control I have seen.Very reliable with great parts support if your need them.

Search in here for people asking for help fixing their Jensen,you won't get many hits.

I would argue that TW's have faster stress control.

I am looking at getting a lowish hour second hand chipper and I have been looking at a Timberwolf TW190DH or Jensen A540. To confuse things a bit I have had half an eye on a Jensen A430DI at a good price as well.

Could anyone help me out with pros/cons differences etc.

Cheers.[/QU we have a jensen and it is a good reliable machine is you greese it up weekly, never used a timberwolf 190 but herd it is a good machine.

have a look at a greenmech cm220, fantastic machine