Big kit (for me any way)

Treegeek

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need to buy a temp gauge try Murphy switch gauge in Laverstock nr Salisbury. If you measure the space for the battery I will work it out from my list. we now only use Varta and steer well clear of the budget makes not worth the few pounds saved. Varta hella bosch all good batteries.

The machine is great there are a couple of little jobs brakes need a tweek I am replacing the tail lights with leds and painting the covers to clean it up a little.

Personally I think that it has the best infeed that I have ever used there seems to be very little that stops it the only problem Ive had is blocking up cos I get the start up procedure wrong.

When switching the machine off, put in reverse for 5 seconds to clear the blades then reduce revs to idle, leave for 1 minute for engine to cool. Then switch off. Helps 95% of the time.

.... Also when it cuts out on over heating, hit that reverse bar!

---

- Moosie

Edited by redmoosefaction

I run the BC200 which is the newer version of the 150, the overheating is purely due to the front of the radiator getting clogged up. I have a pre-filter on mine which i check every morning and clean as necessary. Engines are bomb proof and the machines are good but so fudging heavy!!!! Mine for the same power as TW150 completely out performs it and i even demo's the new Bandit 70 the other week and that with 45hp just doesnt keep up or handle the material as well as the Vermeer. Only issues as been discussed already, parts are expensive!!!!

Seriously good engine if looked after. May be worth getting radiator cleaned in case its got the chalk problem we have round here. The cores get restricted and then cook the engine. May be worth a chat to woodleigh power ( Kubota dealer just off M27 ) some times they have some gems they sell cheap .

Just a thought but, if you BC150 owners are experiencing overheat issues, try making sure that the radiator is really clean. If the problem still exists then I would be tempted to fit another radiatoe to act as another heat sink. My Hot Rod has another rad fixed under the floor to give extra capacity and surface area. An oil cooler might be a worthy investment too as that could be on the boil too!