Stihl MS 201T Press Release

Steve Bullman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a problem with a few that need retuning, we've sold about 100 of the 201 and only had about 10 come back.

We've also had a lot of good comments on it as well. Hope you all get your saws sorted and if not get in quick as the 200T will run out. And with no dates on the Husky it will be a 201 or a cheep and nasty.:001_smile:

Lets be honest though Justin, 10% returns isn't great.... How does that ratio compare to some of the older style stihl saws such as the 460 of 660?

I think it is important that the manufacturers get a clear message from the industry that this sort of thing isn't acceptable, with only still and husky offering a decent range of prof saws and a good dealer network its important that they are up to scratch.

I fell out of love with my 357 because it had 3 carbs in 4 years, but that performance is good when compared with the 201 and 560....:001_smile:

10 percent isn't good, but some of those came in on the strength of what's being said. As far as the 660s go I've had 3 back that I can think of, but not sure how many I've sold in that period of time. But I remember a thread a few years ago about the 660s not oiling properly, there never was a problem but all of a sudden we had a rush of them turning up to be looked at.

I do hope the 201 isn't going to be a problem saw, as I need it to be as good as you do.:001_smile:

what a load of utter rubbish, I love the new saw and feel it is an improvement.

a couple of issues are to be expected with a few saws early on, just teething problems that one should be able to sort yourself, tuning we all tune our saws at least twice a year dont we? summer winter?

writing them off cos you bought a slightly sus one (maybe carbs again?) is just daft, what you going to do, go to screwfix and by an alternative! nah didnt think so, still the best saws on the planet.