Public

Lm20

I know of a tree surgeon who found a Porche 911 parked under his tree, despite warning letters to all residents.

He cut the roof open with a knife, released the handbrake and shoved the car down the road!

It seems that only 99% of the public are arses.

A bit heavy !!:thumbdown:

I know some very nice arses odviously:thumbup:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst doing a crane dismantle in the late 80's we had traffic lights set up. As the light in both directions were red waiting for me to drop a half ton lump, Mr boy racer in his brand new white XR3i decided he didnt want to wait and went for the over take on the line of cars. He then went straight through the light towards the waiting groundies. He then decided to skid to a stop just as the large lump was swinging towards the road. The crane driver realised and didnt lower any further but there was still a wrecking ball coming towards the car. The driver had now seen the error but couldnt move as the lump swung over his car missing it by a fag paper. Lots abuse was exchanged and me almost falling out of the tree laughing.

remember me and my mate was doing some work for the council in the woods over a footpath.

we conned it off, put barrier tape round, i was on the ground, highly visible, keeping an eye on my mate as well as around me, even though their was another footpath 10ft that goes around where we was working which was safe enough for the public to use, it amazed me how many people just seemed to ignore, tree cutting signs, me, cones, barrier tape, truck parked in the middle of the path, flashing light going, hazards on, you would think you would be seen... BUT NOPE! people tried to keep coming through and under the barrier tape! AMAZING!

I know of a tree surgeon who found a Porche 911 parked under his tree, despite warning letters to all residents.

He cut the roof open with a knife, released the handbrake and shoved the car down the road!

It seems that only 99% of the public are arses.

How did he know the Porsche belonged to a resident who had been warned? Did he back up the residents letters with signage around the tree just in case somebody who didn't live in the area decided quite innocently to park there? If he didn't, he would seem to be the arse, and guilty of criminal damage too.

we had white van man pull in to our back drive and park in the lay by to eat his mcodanalds and dump it out the window. iwas going park a trailer there whith i did and drove on quickly i came back a 45 minites later and made him pick it all up though and every one elses rubish.

remember me and my mate was doing some work for the council in the woods over a footpath.

we conned it off, put barrier tape round, i was on the ground, highly visible, keeping an eye on my mate as well as around me, even though their was another footpath 10ft that goes around where we was working which was safe enough for the public to use, it amazed me how many people just seemed to ignore, tree cutting signs, me, cones, barrier tape, truck parked in the middle of the path, flashing light going, hazards on, you would think you would be seen... BUT NOPE! people tried to keep coming through and under the barrier tape! AMAZING!

seems barrier tape is no longer enough

need solid barriers

• 2 weeks later...

My story about the 911 seems to have been misunderstood.

I don't condone such behaviour under any circumstances. Regardless of signs and warnings, resident or not the tree surgeon committed a criminal offence. I don't know what happened to him but I did hear the story first hand.

There are fools and arses in all professions, not just arboriculture or being 'the public'.

It's up to the individual to decide how to act and be judged on his actions.

I only posted the story because I thought it might bring a smile to your faces.