how do i stand

miker

Maybe he hasnt been happy with your work for a while and just hoped you would get better. If he is MD of 2 residentail homes he wont mince his words and has probably told you straight. I have been sacked for the exact same reasons when i was 20, i was bitter and twisted for years but made me get my finger out and up my game.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speak to the house manager, see what the problem is? and if possible try to better things?

in some cases, its the residents who really get the say, in there weekly meeting that they hold..

ask questions and try to get answers..

dont jump in with both feet, (and leave).. it could be something thats easy to change or do... best of luck:thumbup1:

Edited by log supplier

Do you have a service level agreement with him? if not then perhaps you should look at doing one with him. It will be a useful excercise for both of you as you will be able extract what the issue is and you are giving him a way of telling you exactly what he expects.

It does happen and sometimes it is and sometimes it is not your fault. So, assuming you've made a few contacts in your 8 years on site, do a bit of digging to see whats going on. It might be he's got no money or he's got someone else lined up or he thinks you,ve taken your eye off the ball. Each year we gain a few new sites and sometimes we lose some. It is human nature to get peeved, but it's always nice to know the exact reason. Contract wise there's normally little that can be done, a private company, dealing with a one man band is unlikely to be able to use a Transfer of undertaking condition.

thanks for all he comments guys, if he ever answers his phone i can arrange a meeting, i havent heard hide nor hair from him in a year and then he springs this on me,the grounds certainly havent deteriorated over the last year, as said before i only improve them, well see what he says when i ever manage to get hold of him

thanks for all he comments guys, if he ever answers his phone i can arrange a meeting, i havent heard hide nor hair from him in a year and then he springs this on me,the grounds certainly havent deteriorated over the last year, as said before i only improve them, well see what he says when i ever manage to get hold of him

Sometimes when you've been working for someone for a long time, the grass starts to look greener for them and they want to try someone else. However whatever you do, don't burn your boats. Be philosophical and leave the door open -- and don't drop your prices to try to win him back.

Some of my best clients went away and then came back stronger -- having learnt the hard way that I do a good job and at a good price.

OK, my day job is not in arb -- but the principle is the same whatever the service you provide.

Best wishes,

John Russell