Vermeer or Bandit?

Taupotreeman

There was a time when i would have sworn that vermeer were the best, end of. But after recent dealings with them that have gone somewhat awry, and hearing bad things about their newer stuff, i would say Bandit all the way now. I still have a vermeer, and my last one was a vermeer too BTW.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rayco??????? now comon, be serious :biggrin:

Think I'm edging towards the bandit. They are slightly cheaper than the vermeer and I've used them a fair bit in the past. Thought about Morbark but the support network here isn't so good and I've seen some that sound decidedly sick after a lot of hard work whereas the bandits seem to take anything you throw at them. Never really thought much about the drum chippers from bandit though so might have to discuss things more with the supplier.

We use Bandits 150 LD's and it is the dogs bollocks. We sometimes reverse the chipper up to felled Poplar trees and put the butt into the hopper, stand back and let it do it business. I have to admit that if we do use another chipper I really miss the feed rollers of the Bandit. Only negative I have is sometimes its can be too big for some jobs, and it doesn't like Lawson Cypress much.

Hi Scottie, What timing I am looking at at the Bandit 90 at the moment with Mel

at Big chip, had one a fe years ago on demo and tried the 150 at his yard, the 150 to big and weight is an issue, however my concern is " the flywheel is at an angle to the feed rollers with a big gap and a lot of our work is Leyland and Lawson, cedar etc.. Will it clog!!!

Had a 65 on hire this week as have my own chipper breakdowns and my lads did not like it, even through the flywheel is not at a angle it is still a big gap and through most of the trimmings out of the bottom, so we had bin loads of small twigs and cuttings to load. Would hate to spend my 20,000 and it not chip conifer.

I know we should not compare the 65 to the 90 but nervous of buying a "yellow Elephant"

Also cant get a demo only has one new one in stock.

Cheers

Wattie

Hi Scottie, What timing I am looking at at the Bandit 90 at the moment with Mel

at Big chip, had one a fe years ago on demo and tried the 150 at his yard, the 150 to big and weight is an issue, however my concern is " the flywheel is at an angle to the feed rollers with a big gap and a lot of our work is Leyland and Lawson, cedar etc.. Will it clog!!!

Had a 65 on hire this week as have my own chipper breakdowns and my lads did not like it, even through the flywheel is not at a angle it is still a big gap and through most of the trimmings out of the bottom, so we had bin loads of small twigs and cuttings to load. Would hate to spend my 20,000 and it not chip conifer.

I know we should not compare the 65 to the 90 but nervous of buying a "yellow Elephant"

Also cant get a demo only has one new one in stock.

Cheers

Wattie

Just reading the brochure and they reckon the 95xp is the better one if you deal with all that smaller stuff as well as the big. Mulches lawson better apparently.

Neither, new vermeers are a bit soft and bandits are way too heavy and numb................GREENMECH all the way.

Looked at those as well but don't reckon they are heavy duty enough to deal with everything we want to throw at it. Alright for your average everyday stuff but we have a lot of stuff we don't want to leave for firewood hence looking at the slightly bigger gear.

I bought the bandit 65 XP it has to be sharp and the bed knife really close to the blade to chip coniffer other wise it realy dosent like it.......

But while it was on order they lent me a big farmi to go on the tracter. That had the fly wheel at an angle ie not at 90 degrees. We set it up put some big off shoots from the mill through it and it made a nice job of it so of we went to the job. Put coniffer in it and drove it straight home left it in the barn where it still stands 3 months later my supplyer hasnt even bothered to come and pick it up may be its the farmi but

I would never look at anything with that of set flywheel again.