Arb agency or Freelance database on arbtalk

woody1

The thread about starting an arb agency is going a bit off track... however how many of you would subscribe to a freelance worker database if it was available on arbtalk?

My thought was freelancers out there could subscribe for a nominal fee (like a tenner) and have their location, credentials, equipment listed along with references from other members etc.

The employment section is great, but if looking for work, you have to repeatedly post to keep yourself up there.

I'd be interested to know opinions.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to list gear IMO. If someone says there a climber I'd assume they have climbing gear and appropriate saw.

As an employer I think this directory/agency is a great idea. After the gypos, the biggest threat to my business, and source of aggravation is staff. Freelancers are so much more motivated and reliable.

Sounds like a fine idea, I would definately put my name down for it.

Just out of curiosity though, why would you be looking for a nominal subscription fee? Do members have to pay a nominal fee to list something on the Trading Place forum, or the firewood directory?

Who would be expexted to pay the subscription fee, the freelancers themselves or the potential employers, or both?

Other than getting your name on a list in a seperate area, what do we get for our money? If it is just a name on a list in another area, then I may as well just advertise my availability in the employment section as I do now for free.

Not having a go, I like the idea in principle, but whats the added value in relation to, or over and above using the already established employment section? :thumbup1:

Cheers,

Rick

Just out of curiosity though, why would you be looking for a nominal subscription fee? Do members have to pay a nominal fee to list something on the Trading Place forum, or the firewood directory?

In answer to those 2 questions.......No, the trading forum is currently free but I shall be closing it in due course in favour of arbtrader. Yes members do pay to be listed in the firewood directory

No need to list gear IMO. If someone says there a climber I'd assume they have climbing gear and appropriate saw.

As an employer I think this directory/agency is a great idea. After the gypos, the biggest threat to my business, and source of aggravation is staff. Freelancers are so much more motivated and reliable.

aint that the truth