Big bags or not

Float

We are considering whether to supply 1mtr3 dumpy bags from the Autumn. We currently supply loose loads, but would need a pickup with a crane etc. which is a significant investment. Any views, or experience of big bag sales versus loose loads? Cheers

I only sell by 1M3 bags, dont do "loads" Have you a tipper? i load bags on tipper, tie the tops of the bags and just tip em off as you would a loose load, the good thing is that you don't end up with bits all over someones drive and it looks smarter. Truth is i know exactlky what im selling and what the customer is getting.

Only reason i stopped doing "loads" was because someone one said "so how do i know im getting the same amount next time" I new where it was leading so went the bag route.

Thanks for the advice. Did you loose any/many/no customers when switching to bags? We are not convinced that the majority of our customers would want bags by choice, so see it as a more convenient format for us more than anything, (apart from the mess as you pointed out). We have a tipper so could tip off as you do..

Thanks for the advice. Did you loose any/many/no customers when switching to bags? We are not convinced that the majority of our customers would want bags by choice, so see it as a more convenient format for us more than anything, (apart from the mess as you pointed out). We have a tipper so could tip off as you do..

we found we gained customers as not everyone can have them tipped on the street etc also we put £5 charge on the bag refunded on next order plus free bag of kindling on orders 3 bags or more never had so many happy customers:thumbup:

Customers always know what they are getting on loose loads because the truck body has been built to exactly 2 cu metres. So if they take the logs green or seasoned its the same amount. Supermarkets are trying not to use bags so its not trendy at the moment to start dropping large bags everywhere. Bulk bags have got a bad rep as the 1/2 cu metre 800 bag looks the same as a cu metre bag. We asked a few of our customers if they would prefer bulk bags and they said no a load of logs on the drive needs putting away whereas a bag they would be tempted to pull them to one side and let them fester in the bag for 3 months. From our point of view we did not want to send 3 people on a hiab course and get the crane tested every 6 months. Room on site is often limited with delicate tarmac surfaces if a hose bursts on someones drive all over their block paving you will get a large bill especially these days with the blame claim society. Dont want to sound negative just what we found when we looked into it.