Big bags or not

Float

We started using builders bags and delivering them with a volvo fl6 with a hyab,soon stopped nearly all jobs we get we cant get anywhere near to off load so now gone onto transit tipper and tie bag tops up, also cost of lorry, operators licence ,tacho its all extra aggro

I use dumpy bags now and have done for the past 6 years or so. It stops customers complaining that they thought they got more last time etc - since its always exactly the same volume and they can see this. I started off doing a pickup load but haven't lost any customers when I made the switch. Bags are also better because there's less double-handling and the deliveries are now much quicker. Also, when I have down time I just fill as many bags as I can using the processor then just load them on the truck with the forklift when I'm ready to do a delivery.

I did have a hi-ab to start with but the expense of having to have an operators license wasn't worth it, plus the truck was too big for some of the little back lanes for deliveries. I now just use a small pickup with a tipping body (converted Nissan D21) that takes up to 4 bags at a time, and tip the logs and bag out, and take the bag back with me. Customers seem quite happy with this arrangement. I also offer a stacking service at extra cost, unless they're very old and polite and I have the time, in which case I do it for nothing.

We have a izusu with 1 ton hiab, its only the size of a cabstar so will get places a transit etc wont. the hiah will easy lift a 1,5m3 net off and customers like them as if they cant put them away straight away they put a sheet over and because they are on a pallet they are off the ground, some even leave them in the net if can can drop them to where they want them.

Also looks a lot neater and no bits left on the driveways.