Another thread that is pointless :) bees?

YoGi_93

Still only got stung about three times. More of a frightening experience than anything else

I'm sorry, but I've got mental pictures of a Tom and Jerry style cartoon chase with a huge black cloud following you :laugh1:

Glad it was only a few stings after all that; it could've been nasty.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found several last year mowing and strimming. Worst thing though was i found a hornet nest in a rotten crack willow stump. I was cutting it lower with the 440 and was aware of a few hornets milling around but didnt think much of it. It was only when i was surrounded by em and getting stung that i realised that i had hit the hidden nest inside the stump. I have never run so fast for a watercourse before. What amazed me tho is we went back in the winter and they had completely covered the 440 in "paper". It had partially fallen away and the saw was still in place. We were expecting it to have either disappeared (been stolen) or to be a non runner. Wasnt expecting it when i put a fresh tank of fuel in as it had ran dry after been running on idle for however long it was for it to run out of fuel on idle and 3 pulls and it was running. The only time i've been stung by bees was when i found a honey bee hive in an old fence straining post. They didnt attack me when i snapped the post only when i threw the post into the back of the van.

I can't stand wasps, get stung a couple of times a year, normally when minding my own business in a pub garden, their sting isn't too bad though, just annoying.

Got stung by a bumble bee a couple of years back (we were grubbing out a hedge and found out that it had a nest under it) and no matter how many anti histamines I ate, my hand just swelled and swelled, went down after 4 or 5 days and left me with the worst itching for two weeks, be aware of those furry cute buggers!

. I was cutting it lower with the 440 ......we went back in the winter and they had completely covered the 440 in "paper". It had partially fallen away and the saw was still in place.

You left a 440 out in a tree far how long?:willy:

May I suggest if you encounter a similar situation in the future you ask a friendly beekeeper (they're always friendly, it's compulsory) to go and retrieve it for you.