Crown Cleaning and BS3998 - A Disgrace

scotspine1

Good for lazy arbos

Suggests that thread originator is such...

If you want to faff around doing nothing useful and get paid for it - tough.

Ditto

only just noticed this Tim. Good job you complained about the americanized grammer when the draft was under consultation. Its so much better to leave these smaller issues til later... :D

Blatent dig

This is about professionals using precise langage (its lazy not to), not treeworkers removing dangerous branches.

Suggests thread originator is unprof.

Well unfortunatley for you, the validity of my arguement is not diminuished by your refusal to agree with it. Though your outrage might obscure the fact that you're changing the subject as usual.

And again

I'd be interested to see you back that up with examples when you've calmed down.

There. How it reads to me anyway. Now for a poll on whether this thread is represented with respectful debate or with playground brooding.

i've always thought that the term "crown clean" was far to general and open to interpretation by the person on the tools

my old boss used to go tell us to crown clean and general prune:confused1: no correct specs on the job sheet just general terminology! kept asking him to specify and to use BS but he was having none of it

there are times now when we get to a tree for a "crown clean" and theres nothing wrong with it! if the correct job was specified correctly like remove damaged branch from over grass verge then that would what be completed, not a full crown clean for the sake of doing the job

Blatent dig

Suggests thread originator is unprof.

And again

There. How it reads to me anyway. Now for a poll on whether this thread is represented with respectful debate or with playground brooding.

NOTHING there but fair comments if you ask me, tony has to be one of the most "professional" posters on this forum, has made nothing but valid comments with a little dry sarcasm added and well due!:001_rolleyes:

Crown cleaning is no longer in fashion and is no longer promoted by our betters, ten years down the line trendy thinking will create new ways to describe what we have all done for years anyway.

What is BS3998 anyway?

I may start a rant about arborist ethics in the UK.

Edited by High Scale

Today, I'm in a "I just dont care" kind of mood.

Having spent 2 days working to a professional Arb consultant gobbledy-gook schedule, most of which is either highly inaccurate, non-descriptive and non-committal, I've decided on mild sedatives for my supper before I hit something.:biggrin:

Threads like these are the reason I hardly spend time on here anymore. Its horrid seeing people you know and admire fall out with one another.

Crown Cleaning - FFS Guys! Fall out over something worth falling out over……Like a woman..

...not terminology! :thumbdown:

Good riddance to an archaic term from the early days of arb. It always sounded too sanitized and was a favourite 'spec' of the older generation of client officers.

Times change. Understanding increases. If it didn't we'd still be cleaning cavities and flush cutting..... and it means I can get away with ripped out cuts:001_smile: