Tip of the day!

David Riding

When using a Stihl Pole Pruner always put the fuel cap on tight. If it vibrates loose a pint of petrol may pour on the area between the top of your legs causing a severe burning sensation on parts of the body that are located in that region. This is an incident that happened to me very recently (4 hours ago to be precise). Its more of a tingle now so am considering if to make the same mistake tomorrow!

When using a Stihl Pole Pruner always put the fuel cap on tight. If it vibrates loose a pint of petrol may pour on the area between the top of your legs causing a severe burning sensation on parts of the body that are located in that region. This is an incident that happened to me very recently (4 hours ago to be precise). Its more of a tingle now so am considering if to make the same mistake tomorrow!

Been there done that got the idiot tshirt lol.

oh and never eat yellow snow..

When using a "gypsy stick" (pole pruner) it is advisable to avoid standing on the center of your rusty Transit Vans roof or dents may result.

The spilt fuel however may have a rust killing effect on the paint.

All points to consider.:001_smile:

When using a "gypsy stick" (pole pruner)

I was expecting some one to comment on that. I might as well call my pole pruner " the local pub favour stick" as I only seem to use it when some says "when your passing could you just.....". Mike your obviously a better man than me and would do a pro arb job for your mates.

I was expecting some one to comment on that. I might as well call my pole pruner " the local pub favour stick" as I only seem to use it when some says "when your passing could you just.....". Mike your obviously a better man than me and would do a pro arb job for your mates.

Fair enough,as we both drive Unimogs you could call them "six pack recovery vehicles".As I get calls from mates saying "oh,I'm alittle bit stuck,bring the mog" After a five hour round trip,the next time you see them you get a six pack instead of the £50 that you burned in Diesel.

My latest top tip is to have a key operated on off switch on the blower. The boss keeps the key and this stop the groundies thinking they can look busy using the blower when there is still logs/kit etc to move!!!!

I should get onto stihl about this problem