Official "Yank'" Picture Thread

Yea, nobody in their right mind would think of climbing that. Anyone notice the two lineman on the pole? They were repairing the service drop that was torn down when the limb broke and fell on those apartments below. It was a very high dollar tree.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah but the only reason you get Americans with big muscles is because they have a gym in all the prisons and they spend all their time working out. I've seen it on telly.

You know, I"ll have to respond to this, as to gyms in the prisons that is not true anymore. It was a stupid idea in the first place. I watch "Lockup" on MSNBC and they have removed the weights from the prisons. They still exercise but the only weights they can use is each other (I'm sure there is some sort of prison sex joke in there). In fact there were so many fights at Pelican Bay in California that the exercise yard is a thing of the past also. They are still let out for a hour every other day but they are put in cages by themselves to do whatever they do. Locally here, there was a citizen in Fresno that was assaulted by this guy and the guy was caught and given a couple years or so in prison. When he got out he went right back and assaulted the citizen again only this time he was way stronger from all his prison working out and the attack was much worse. Well the citizen testified in front of some leglisative committee that governs the state prisons and that coupled with a public outcry was the end of the weights.

TV programs are responsible for dictating the image we hold of our American cousins. Especailly for such as me who as never visited the US.

On every American TV program or film that shows a prison scene, it always shows a picture of the prison excercise yard full of weights with all the inmates working out. Plotting how they are going to "shank" a rival or another inmate.

The other side is the Gang warfare, shootings, homocides. If we were to believe everything we see on TV we would never visit the US.

I have all the above images in my memory banks and have no desire to see the US. I know it is nothing like that but. The only thing I can do is watch more "Friends" and who knows, I may visit thinking that if I pop into the local coffee shop Jenifer Aniston will be there to great me.

The real US is very different to the US we see on the Telly.

Americans are the friendliest people on the planet, and the US is a great place to visit. Despite all the attacks on civil liberties and the patriot act, very few other countries (if any?) value personal freedoms so highly.

I would emigrate there in a second.

there would have to be something very special to get me on a plane flying that distance over open water.

Special enough for ya, Dean ?

If we put your RQ on top of my Nelly, we could get nearly half ways up one of these monsters :001_cool:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sIoZ0J7x1Cg[/ame]