knackered hands.

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washing your hands too much can cause probs. I've found this since having kids. Looking after 3 under 5 for a day, you are going to wash your hands a lot. This seems to weaken or soften the skin quite a bit. I had all 3 the other day and then spent the evening busting concrete with the bar iron. My hands were a mess afterwards.

I use that E45 cream a couple times a day in the winter which seems to keep the skin supple enough to stop blistering and going hard.

I only wash my hands usually once a day when I get home. They are nice and baby bum soft most of the time and I only have minor callousing. The wife is most jealous. I don't subscribe to all the hogwash about sanitising your hands. I reckon doing that is just a way to increase the possibility of getting a disease because your immune system gets weaker and what's the problem with a bit of pee on your hands? It's supposed to be sterile anyway. As for pain; I get pins and needles in both hands during the night and often wake up with dead arms. I thought it might be white finger or RSI but I've recently been told it could possibly be because of compression of the spine (something I've had for a couple of decades) which affects the nerves and muscles. I'm currently doing pilates to try and reverse the effects.

That sounds like carple tunnel syndrome, as it matches the discription that a good friend gave before he went into hospital. it was only a quick op and he was back on the saw in six weeks.

Sting your hands regularly with nettles, natures finest natural anti inflamitory. It had helped reduce my symptoms of carple tunnel syndrome

That sounds like carple tunnel syndrome, as it matches the discription that a good friend gave before he went into hospital. it was only a quick op and he was back on the saw in six weeks.

Sting your hands regularly with nettles, natures finest natural anti inflamitory. It had helped reduce my symptoms of carple tunnel syndrome

Not too much in the way of stinging nettles in these parts.

I suffer with the next best thing to raynaud's syndrome i get terrible chill blains hands and toes the doc has given me eumovate cream(steroid cream)and nifedipine 5mg (blood pressure tablets)they increase blood flow to the restricted area and flush the vessels by all accounts i was told to only take them if i get real bad though i personally find prevention is better than cure there is nothing worse than having sore or numb fingers best thing you can do is invest in stuff to keep you better insulated and increase exercise ,ginko,garlic and oranges are all supposed to help circulation .....and moisturize I guess although i always forget got a cupboard full of the stuff but never use it lol

would definatley speak to the doctor though and see what they say :001_smile: