Is it just me or???

Stevie Mac

If a candidate is unable to follow the instructions given on a job listing then they do not deserve the job.

If your looking for work you should keep this in mind, the interview does not start at the interview stage... if you cant follow a simple instruction regarding applying for the job are you going to follow instructions when employed...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have a read through the employment threads and always think that there are some great job out there for the right person.

So why do some people who are interested in the job reply to the post by saying " am interested in the job you can contact me on" (or words to those effect).

These people should be contacting there potential future employers and getting there CV of to them.

And it annoys me even more when the job post clearly states that people who are interested are to email there CV to them and they still ask the employer to contact them.

If I ever had the opportunity to employ someone am afraid these people wouldn't even get a look in!

Rant over

Cheers

Stevie

Totally agree with you Stevie, the exact same thing has me shouting at my screen everytime I see examples of it.

It's as if they are saying, "Oh yeah, got a job, well come chase me then and I'll see if you're worthy of my attention".

Ahhhhghhh!

Wrong way round you dummies. Pay Attention. Read thoroughly and carefully, then DO AS ADVISED.

From the other side of the coin though as a freelance climber, and whilst in my experience most are pretty good and decent, when ads are responded to in the manner that has been requested, can the advertisers at least have the courtesy to acknowledge your application. Even if its a "no thanks" or " sorry position filled".

Rudeness and ignorance can work both ways!

Some people might be waiting for an advert that says "great pay, short hours, don't worry about working hard and if you do the first job I explain to you, stand about with your thumb up your bum until I explain how to do your next job":sneaky2::lol:

when can i start?:001_tt2:

quite like the hi flex, oh sorry i never read the post :sneaky2::lol::lol:

does my head in as well, want the job do the work getting it, how mental would it be if someone asked to get there tree cut down and you phoned them back and left a message saying if you can come round and pick me up cause im awesome i will have a look at the tree and tell you if i can cut it on my terms then run me back to the house.....

If a candidate is unable to follow the instructions given on a job listing then they do not deserve the job.

If your looking for work you should keep this in mind, the interview does not start at the interview stage... if you cant follow a simple instruction regarding applying for the job are you going to follow instructions when employed...

Exactly mate! If they can't follow a simple instruction like "READING"!!! How are they suppose to follow more complex instructions?

It's even worse at interview stage. I was always told that you pitch for the interview in suit and tie unless you're told it's an informal or working interview. Now I may be old fashioned but I would expect at the very least for an interviewee to be smart casual. I had one guy show up in jandals, jogging pants with paint and holes in them and a singlet. He then proceeded to text and answer his incoming calls through the entire interview. He told me he was desperate for a job. Really?????