black poplar dismantle

Adam Bourne

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i work for my self testcricketo1 but this was a sub-contracting job for a firm in wisbeach and yes sam i'll have plenty of work for you to do soon mate. just to clarify it was a black poplar originally thought to be a balsam poplar but arb report says populus nigra one of the last in wisbeach apparently .

theres loads left in manchester:thumbup:

also known as the manchester pop!! (probably not the truly wild pop nigra though)

wiki quote - "Manchester Poplar'. A cultivar of subsp. betulifolia widely planted in northwest England. It is a male clone, and currently seriously threatened by Poplar Scab disease"

Sorry a took it down :confused1: but that was not my decision, just doing my job, as for the species, there a many sub-species of black poplar maybe it is a canadensis or even a cultivar never the less its been classed as a sub-speicies of black poplar, i'm not going to question the consultant about what true species it is or why he had put it down as a black poplar but i was just adding some photos for you all to share not to get in a debate about the dam thing:sneaky2:

Thanks for sharing, don't be disuaded from putting up more of your photos. There is always debate when pictures are posted, thats part of what this forum is about. You were the only one that really knows are you were the final person up the old girl. Cheers for taking the time to post.

I'd have called it a yellow ash, and sold it for many pennies.

Nice job, look forward to seeing more pics. In my experience of consultants and arb reports, you are best off taking all information given with a generous pinch of salt. I'm sure there are many fine and knowledgable consultants, but never assume they are right about everything.