Gum Tree Demolition

YALTA

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the video! As you said ,there is alot you still need to learn.You probably know just how lucky you might have been to get away with the way that top split out!If it had slabbed down the stem instead of upwards like it did,the result would have been certain injury or even death.

:001_smile:

Thanks again for posting and I hope you stick around,contribute to the forum and pick up a thing or two!

:scared1:

"hinge cut to miss the shed" where was the hinge?

Glad you know just how much of that was wrong.

As has been said you were more than a little lucky with that one, an old joiner told my dad when he was an apprentice "there are 99 ways of doing a job right and only one way of doing it wrong" and much of that was wrong:thumbdown:

Thanks for your honesty and for sharing:001_cool:

Self-taught, and you seem to know what you've done wrong. Hang around here, watch the vids people like Reg put up, and you'll learn a lot. If you can get on a local training course, I'd strongly recommend it, learn the basics the right way, then in time shoot another vid so we can see the improvement. Stick at it, and good luck mate.

Thanks for the input guys.

I recommend that everyone should film their work.

It lets you see where you have gone wrong, as well as being able to show your work to more experienced people.

At the time i made that video i didn't know any better and i was pretty pleased with myself (apart from smashing the fence)

now when i watch the video

i cringe,

and think it makes me look like a cowboy.

YeeHaa!

:ridinghorse:

Im always grateful for forums such as this, they have helped my education as well as making me a safer worker and business owner.

(though sometimes you really have to swallow your pride)

:001_smile:

cheers

simon

Nice one Simon.

I did a tree job which still shows the scars of my ignorance about 18 years ago, before any training or reading any books. The tree is very close to my house so I see it every day and have worked on it since. But this time I knew what I was doing, one would hope.

Was done off ladders, no ropes and no PPE. Some nice tears, no undercuts the works and I thought I was the bee's knees at the time.

Everyone started somewhere mate, good on you for the post, not many would have the bottle.