Great biker vs cop video

alex_m

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a cyclist you have to obey the rules of the road, the prat on the bile broke the law then got arsey and declined to provide ID. If an officer can’t satisfy themselves of your identity you can be detained for that purpose.

The “lunge for the camera” is the word of the prat, that could easily have been the plod deciding the tit needed arresting to establish his particulars in order to issue the ticket.

Some have said the police are public servants, this is true, in this case the public servant was attempting to prevent some innocent motorist having their day ruined by picking bits of prat out of their radiator grill.

Two thoughts on this one; any cyclist running red lights (and a lot do) get the :thumbdown: from me. Total selfish ignorance and dangerous to others - makes me mad and also mildly embarrased as I used to be in a roady club and they all went thru the red lights - except me since I was taught years before the highway code from a school cycling proficiency test! Used to argue with them constantly about it; somewhere they had dreampt up that they had the right to ignore traffic signals :confused1:

On the flip side, I am the most law abiding citizen I know :laugh1: Seriously tho, I can't think of anything that could get me into trouble; no tax evasion, speeding, nothing. IN SPITE OF THIS, I think the police are a load of tossers. Why? Because policing is no longer about serving and protecting, it's about statistics, performance, UK weekend behaviour fire-fighting, revenue raising, the list goes on. My mate and I did a full chapter 8 in a service lane recently. Supposed head of Plymouth traffic police rides his bike through and decides to give us a few tips. Except that his tips were completely anihilated by his manners or rather lack of them; arrogance and anger was literally dripping from the man. He was a classic rules orientated character which is why the police appeals to him. I have a cousin in the Avon constabulary, a friend in the Devon constabulary and a brother in law who is ex Northern Constabulary; ex because he was too human and realistic to stick it. The other two are very rules orientated personalities (the classic personality test incldues groups that are 'rules-orientated'), both quite right wing and both in love with the force. Give them a warrant card and it goes to their heads. I lost faith in the police when they falsified evidence in a case where I was in an RTA; you hear the bad-asses harping on about bent coppers and then it happened to me! I sought legal advice and they didn't seem surprised! Since then, my experiences of the police have shown them to me to be too politically correct to be effective and thus a massive drain on the taxpayer. Mostly though I am saddened that the force seems to have warped from a "ello ello ello what's going on here then" tinged with good humour organisation into some sort of steroidal jumped-up technical-fibre club for frustrated hooligans.

So numb nuts rides through a red light and thinks it's fine to avoid any consequences by being a smart arse. Hopefully next time he does it he'll get wiped out by a bus.

That consequence to his decision to ignore the traffic signal would be perfectly acceptable.

you wish death/extreme pain on someone who doesn't go by the 'rules'.

hmm

No wish, just acceptance. Actions have consequences simples.

Having said that; you do get one or two that think they are a better person than you just because they have the badge. They seem to think that this entitles them to speak down to you or treat you like crap. Case in point, one cop here is currently on trial for police brutality on 5 different people. Just cos you're a cop doesn't make you a better person than me. Treat me with respect and I'll return the respect.

:thumbup1:

Brilliant video! Good on the guy. Fair enough he has gone through a red traffic light.. Not smart. However, I think the police need to remember that they work for us. They do not have the right to abuse their power but making up fake laws and trying to intimidate the public as this policeman tries to. I have to say I don't feel sorry for the police. They choose the job because they are power hungry control freaks. Does not mean I don't appreciate the work they do, however at times some of it seems very pointless.

Right on. Frankly that policeman in that video was an idiot who didn't know his arse from his elbow. The cyclist actually didn't irritate me; I found it good to see the copper squirming and his final act of violence proved he was more brawn than brain.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Well put treequip. The person on the Bike was playing the part of a Jackwagon and frustrating the police officer in the process. If this situation had taken place in the states I can assure you that the person on the bike would have been sited and if same person decided to play the part of a mental midget, back up would have been on it's way and he would have ended up in jail. Police have a hard enough time dealing with day to day crime enforcement but when it comes to pin heads on bicycles frustrating and pissing off the law, well lets say he got off easy.

Police have a hard enough time dealing with day to day crime enforcement but when it comes to pin heads on bicycles frustrating and pissing off the law, well lets say he got off easy.

Firstly, they chose that profession. Second, just because it is a tough job, does that mean they are allowed to make up laws to try to intimidate the public into doing what they want, so they can feel like a big tough policeman.

Its like they want to be John Wayne, save the town, shoot up all the baddies and look like a hero.:thumbdown: dO sOmE rEaL pOlIcE wOrK pLeAsE:cursing:

As a cyclist you have to obey the rules of the road, the prat on the bile broke the law then got arsey and declined to provide ID. If an officer can’t satisfy themselves of your identity you can be detained for that purpose.

The “lunge for the camera” is the word of the prat, that could easily have been the plod deciding the tit needed arresting to establish his particulars in order to issue the ticket.

You couldn't be more wrong mate. They can request that you come with them and you can refuse. If they give you an order, that is different. You can still refuse to give them your legal identity as oppossed to your physical person. If they don't have your legal identity they can't charge you with anything other than a crime. Crime here must be a contravention of the law of the land, and has nothing to do with statute.

Furthermore, you can go to a notary public and get him to sign your "rate card" ie. a card that puts into public knowledge how much you think your time is worth. This YOU decide. If the policeman then orders you to accompany him and you comply (your only choice as physical violence contravenes the law of the land) you can then give him your rate card and later, a bill for every minute of your time he had taken up.

It sounds pretty far-fetched if you haven't heard of the Freeman movement before, but more people than they will ever admit to are putting it into practice on a daily basis. Also almost every policeman or woman who has been put through the wringer because of it has come out the other side a better cop. (And there have been quite a few).

The idea is to seperate a cop's 2 jobs and putting them back in the right order of importance. Guardian of the people first, Revenue taker 2nd.

Also as someone else on this thread has stated already, I very much doubt the cyclist put himself in any danger. There are plenty of cops out there who are only too easy to get a rise out of.

Edited by scottythepinetree

Well now I am confused, if you can refuse a request but not an order why don’t they just order you?

What is the law of the land? As I understand it there are statute laws (those made by statutory instrument laid before parlement) and common law otherwise known as case law. Both are the law of the land???