Sleep.

Sam Thompson

Alright lads,

I have never slept much, maybe an average of 7 hours tops, but recently I'm really struggling. Im on here at 03.20 and I have been trying to sleep since 11pm. I can guarantee that I will be up before 8. I tend to go to bed, read for a bit, and then try and sleep. I just seem to lie there and not turn off, brain keeps working. I think I'm sleeping less since I'm at college, and have little physical work on. I've tried getting up stupidly early, so I have to sleep earlier, but it doesn't work.

Any one know of any tips to make you sleep more?

Cheers guys.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More execise but not late at night, cold room, no caffeine and don't eat too late in the evening. Oh, de-stress if you can and you have things gnawing at your brain.

Spot on. For me it's mainly the lack of exercise that keeps me awake: a physically inactive day is a surefire sign of a bad night ahead. You got a gym at college - go for a run early evening perhaps?

A glass of red wine usually sees me off when Im struggling!

If your doing collage your trying to absorb information, I usually find when im really trying to learn something new my brain ticks over a lot of it as I lay back to get some ZZZZZ, can be hard to stop it cos it is an auto thing.

Insomnia is something i used to suffer from a lot in my 20's, I know how fustrating it can be, breathing techniques helped me a lot. If you focus on your breathing and imagine yourself slowing down, your sort of trying for slow deep breaths and imagining your heart rate slowing down, focus on that and nothing else, its like a form of meditation, works very well

Alright lads,

I have never slept much, maybe an average of 7 hours tops, but recently I'm really struggling. Im on here at 03.20 and I have been trying to sleep since 11pm. I can guarantee that I will be up before 8. I tend to go to bed, read for a bit, and then try and sleep. I just seem to lie there and not turn off, brain keeps working. I think I'm sleeping less since I'm at college, and have little physical work on. I've tried getting up stupidly early, so I have to sleep earlier, but it doesn't work.

Any one know of any tips to make you sleep more?

Cheers guys.

Are you tired and fatigue though? i hardly sleep as well even when i constantly trained for comps i still had the same sleep pattern about 5 hours a night so it may just be your make up.

you will sleep plenty when your dead:biggrin:

i used to be very much the same:001_huh:

once i had something in my head,i would be up all hours

sound like you are going to bed with collage on the mind,stilll thinking of the previous days work or thinking about the next:confused1:

also the physical side of work,sounds like you said because of collage and no physical work through the day your are not getting tierd

since i have been working in the foresrty,felling constantly all day i cant get enough sleep,sometimes in bed by 9.20:001_rolleyes:

If I am struggling to kip, I usually focus on a particularly happy memory or time of my life and think of that rather then the stress of the day. It usually works for me but the only time I have had problems sleeping were when I was much younger and completely stressed at work - seven day weeks, 12 hour days etc - bad, bad , bad - it gets better with age and you learn that nothing really matters apart from you and your family:thumbup1: