Am I unusual...

janey

Sterilized milk in tea:thumbdown: Do they still sell that? Carnation milk:thumbdown:

An old tenant farmer where we took an ash down in his yard. Plenty of tea until my mate went into the kitchen to collect and came out saying there were rat prints and poo in the grease on the kitchen table.

My mates' dad who was a plumber being given the milk from the cat's saucer in his tea:001_smile:

The lady who served us breakfast, a cooked lunch in the kitchen and afternoon tea:thumbup1:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't often turn my nose up to a nice drink,but few weeks ago was on a rotten old scots pine with my son-in-law helping.Out came the tea "with soya milk" ,i dont know how it tasted,but looked like something the cat spewed up.After saying thanks,we simultaniously upended our mugs as she walked back to her door.

Edited by oldwoodcutter

Don't often turn my nose up to a nice drink,but few weeks ago was on a rotten old scots pine with my son-in-law helping.Out came the tea "with soya milk" ,i dont know how it tasted,but looked like something the cat spewed up.After saying thanks,we simultaniously upended our mugs as she walked back to her door.

GAG :thumbdown:

(and that's from someone who actually likes soy milk!)

i once did a job in an old peoples houseing type place (!?)

couldnt stand still for more than 10 seconds (not that i do, honest) without having a cup of coffee handed to you!

it was like a competition for them, first lady brought coffee, next lady brought coffee and biscuits, next came cake! ended up with a bloke bringing cuppa soup!!

It was a great day!!

I always offer anyone coming to work at the house a drink; it's just common courtesy. Keep telling my missus to do the same and if I know someone's been round to do a job during the day, normally the questions to her when I get home are "did it go alright?" and "did you offer them a drink?"

On another tea related theme, there was an old guy lived near where I grew up in a fairly remote farmhouse. No mains water, elec or phone. One day, one of his calves gets stuck in the quagmire of a yard. He walked down to a neighbour's place and got them to phone the fire brigade.

Neighbour goes round to have a nosey at what is going on.

Brigade come out, winch calf out, whilst they are rinsing their wellies off in the trough in the yard the farmer offers them a brew. They all accept, he goes inside, gets his kettle, comes out and dips it straight in the same trough to fill up....!

[The older generation had far more "class" than the next

Agreed. We still get the odd coffee etc but it gets rarer. Did a job for a guy the other day. Persisting it down with rain and I was soaked within 10 minutes. The guy has the cheek to start telling me how to do my job and then starts adding extras. About 1 Oclock (6 hours in) he starts walking around with a cup of tea. Here we go I thought, finally I get a cuppa. Nope, he's just come out to tell me the tree I've just finished reducing and clearing up he now wants removed. Talk about spitting taks.

I always seem to get the best deal from the farmers. Tea and home made cake along with a sit down lunch. And yes, I always offer the bottomless cuppa to anyone working at my place. Do unto others and all that.

i once did a job in an old peoples houseing type place (!?)

couldnt stand still for more than 10 seconds (not that i do, honest) without having a cup of coffee handed to you!

it was like a competition for them, first lady brought coffee, next lady brought coffee and biscuits, next came cake! ended up with a bloke bringing cuppa soup!!

It was a great day!!

You were probably the most interesting thing that had happened to them in days or even weeks. It's sad, but making endless tea and snacks for the workers is often some people's (often the elderly's) only social interaction and makes them feel useful again. So drink that tea with pride :thumbup1:

In a year of working in Ealing we have had Two cups of tea from residents.

Those Ealing residents are the pits...

You should've been working around my bit of Ealing, I wouldv'e been nice to you :thumbup1: