No Notch = No Direction

Mani

OK, seriously now,

Mani - your posting like an arrogant child. You have deliberately and willfully insulted members on this forum just because they held a different view.

I know my own skill and proffesonalism. I've been doing this long enough to teach you a thing or two.

I can Vouch for Pete's skill, and I've seen Rupe climb, and enough of his treework pictures to know he is an outstanding Arborist.

You have done the online equivalent of walking into a rough bar and declaring how hard you are and what a bunch of pussies the locals are.

Learn some manners and some humility.

You bang on about notches like its some form of Zen.

Know much about Humbolt cuts, snipes, jacking, dutchmen, swinging dutchmen, or crippling?

If you want to find another forum to insult people on, be our guest. Google is your friend.

Mani- discussion requires an understanding of reason and opinion. Sorry but it's one of those irritating truths.

With a closed mindset the climber would be topping out with a piece of manilla using a half hitch. Weilding a cross cut and an axe to boot. All inputs are valid for me- I take away what I need and learn as a result.

p.s. I'm twice as vacant as that and three times more ignorant.

OK, seriously now,

Mani - your posting like an arrogant child. You have deliberately and willfully insulted members on this forum just because they held a different view.

I know my own skill and proffesonalism. I've been doing this long enough to teach you a thing or two.

I can Vouch for Pete's skill, and I've seen Rupe climb, and enough of his treework pictures to know he is an outstanding Arborist.

You have done the online equivalent of walking into a rough bar and declaring how hard you are and what a bunch of pussies the locals are.

Learn some manners and some humility.

You bang on about notches like its some form of Zen.

Know much about Humbolt cuts, snipes, jacking, dutchmen, swinging dutchmen, or crippling?

If you want to find another forum to insult people on, be our guest. Google is your friend.

Seems you guys are all very chummy, too chummy by half for any sort of constructive and lively criticism. Lots of ego massaging goes on here. A lot of you obviously know each other personally and its clouding your ability to make genuinly individual comments.

I'm an old dog too. one who tries to keep up with the latest techniques. But IMO that step was a perfectly adequate solution. The pulling rope made it bomb proof. I'd have done the same. Once again though, can't see why they didn't fell it or just chog it down. we'll never know unless it's Mani in the video. That would be an interesting twist. I encourage him to be more forth coming. When did you get out of college Mani?

Seems you guys are all very chummy, too chummy by half for any sort of constructive and lively criticism. Lots of ego massaging goes on here. A lot of you obviously know each other personally and its clouding your ability to make genuinly individual comments.

Oi! check out the spats I've had with just about everyone. We sometimes agree with each other. an many time we don't. Surf them threads for conflict and you'll find loads.

my friends - those on here and those not are my fiercest critics and i'm not famous for holding back with them either.

So does your inference of favoritism allow you to evade the other questions asked of you?

If it helps Mani, I'd never have used a step cut either mate. Not to say my way is the only way though.

It'd have been gobbed, I never use steps in that situation, where a big lump is being pulled over, It is hard to tell from a video what the situation or envroment was. But it did to me look like a training session or lesson.

The step was far too deep as you pointed out which would make it less directional.

The notch is fundamental to what we do, it's what we're all about, if you dont respect and value the notch then your no better than the moronic cretin with a rusty transit panel van, wobbly ladders and his cherished 5 mm polyprop blue rope from the bargain bin at B&Q.

Are you the same as him? cause that what it looks like from here.

Now I'm pissed off!!!

MY LADDERS ARE NOT WOBBLY!!