what would you do

chrised88

give the guy an invoice for the missing stock. if he denies it show him the evidence, if he won't pay up or work off the debt then beat him with a stick

excellent idea.

i presume the offender has sold on the wood?

get the cash (top dollar) or call the cops

margins on firewood are tight enough without scum pinching off you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We recently ran a scheme where a small group of our anglers were allowed to earn their annual memberships in return for carrying out a few tasks. These were removing snags from the lake, opening up swims and surfacing. There was also the requirement that they would fill 3 muck trailers full of logs. Our muck trailer holes approx. 3 x £100 loads.

Anyway, there were these two lads that shirked for the whole time they were there. If you didn't remind them to start working again they would just stop after exerting themselves for 3 minutes. Proper pain in the backside. I reminded them that if they didn't pull their weight that they wouldn't get their ticket; they can stand around and do nothing as long as they like, it just means that they are indebted to us for longer.

On the last afternoon I had to run a few errands and left the group splitting. I came back and all the wood that we had rung up was split. I knew that some of the group worked much harder than others. I asked the harder working ones whether the aforementioned duo had pulled their weight, and was told that they had. The person who told me wouldn't lie about this, he would have been the first to complain about them sitting on their arses. So i gave them all their fishing tickets, most of the group had worked hard and properly deserved it. I wasn't really satisfied though that the duo had worked hard enough but put it in the back of my mind.

About 4 hours later, one of the anglers had seen the pair plus another one of their mates from the group walking out of our yard with a large net of logs each. My assistant who lives 2 minutes away went and found them and booted them out of our woods. They had walked about half a mile through the park carrying bags of logs, into the woods. There is no end of material to burn up in the woods and I am not especially bothered about small under control fires as that is what I did when I was young. But to steal from us after we have given them a membership in return for sod all labour, proper gets on our tits. Police were called the next day. They said they would look into it but nothing has happened. They are banned from the site now. If I see them again, their tackle is going in the lake.

How about invite him round to your place. Knock him up a cup of tea and maybe a few biscuits (cheap chocolate should do) and say you have got a great short video you want him to see............and then see what the reaction is. I'm sure if he has any morals whatsoever faced with you and a video a minimum of an apology and a full repayment would be the order of the day. After he has made his mind up just kick him in the nuts anyway:lol:

thats brilliant:thumbup:

The problem with treating people like you would like to be treated is very challenging these days. My father would have nothing to do with slackers. In the end doing something good taught you Two things. Stay in contact with the ones that earned their keep and keep the ban on the balance.