what would you do

chrised88

Couple of weeks ago we were working in the woods and I suddenly spied a truck through the other side. The man proceeded to get a shiny new trio-braked husky out of the back, fuel it up so he could "help himself" to a few logs. I called my colleague and we legged it over to him to see what the hell he thought he was doing. Now I dont know if he was just caught off-guard, embarrassed to be caught, or a little perturbed by the sight of 2 very annoyed cutters with logpicks in their hands, but I think he got the message that his presence wasnt welcome. :thumbup:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Do their kids go to the same school as yours?

Are you likely to bump into them in your local?

etc.... etc....

I think you need to do something, but exactly what you should do all depends on who they are and how you know them.

If you didn't know them, police.

Guesstimate what the guy has nicked over time, and go to him, giving him three options:

1. Pay (top $$) for what he's taken (you can offer writing an invoice)
  2. Return everything he has taken to where it came from
  3. You go to the Police, and report his crime

That way, you don't end up with a nasty confrontation, but lets the culprit decide how the situation is resolved. And in any case, the theft will stop.

I'd take his vehicle the next time he shows up for work, he can have it back after he's been a good boy and paid up. After he's paid tell him in no uncertain terms to not show himself again, or else...

It would mean not unleashing your anger till after he's paid up though, not always easy.

If he's stealing then he's dis-honest thats a no brainer, so if you do go to the old bill dont expect him to come clean, He'll probably say you gave him permission :sneaky2: then its your word against his.

Id start paying him a month in arears when his wages are ready for him to collect show him the evidence and tell him if he resigns without pay then you wont take further action and the whole thing can be forgotten about.

If I have video recording of a theft in progress I would contact the police yesterday. It's your property. It does not belong to someone else. If someone can pull off a crime once they will be back for more untill they are caught. You mentioned that you know this person?

Knowledge of someone only helps with the investigation by the police. Don't wait any longer CALL NOW!!!. Have a nice weekend.

How about invite him round to your place. Knock him up a cup of tea and maybe a few biscuits (cheap chocolate should do) and say you have got a great short video you want him to see............and then see what the reaction is. I'm sure if he has any morals whatsoever faced with you and a video a minimum of an apology and a full repayment would be the order of the day. After he has made his mind up just kick him in the nuts anyway:lol: