Getting the Transit re-mapped

Ian Flatters

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are best to do the mods you want and maybe service the motor so it running it's best then get the re map done mate

I would agree with you, best of all if money wasn't a problem get somebody to do the lot at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one, looks like Ill be getting the pipe and blanking kit then.

Whats the reality of the truck still passing emissions at MOT time with all the mods done, after all this is always the main "reason" for not doing it, so does it really increase immisions or will the engine be running "cleaner" once done?

I'm no mechanic by any means but if a re map is meant to make the mpg better I would imagine less fuel is being burnt so would that mean better emissions? Failing that I used to have a car which smoked badly and when it came to mot it failed the emissions test so my mate which worked at the garage took it down the road and thrashed it when he came back and tested it again it passed for some reason

Great thread Ian!

I've no idea how this works but sounds good... What about insurance though? Do/or should you declare this?

Apparently not as its classed as engine management software updating not a modification as such? This is what my insurers told me as i wasn't willing to risk invalidating my insurance over a few extra mpg.

So far then people

Pulls so, so much better than before. Keeping my driving the same as before and should have see a rough millage gain from day to day running on Wednesday afternoon. If it keeps going as it is i will have done an extra 70 odd miles on the same amount of fuel as i ran before it was re-mapped:thumbup1:. So i guess that's a saving in itself. There's also less revs when pulling truck, chip and chipper so im sure this is where im gaining the extra fuel economy and less engine strain.

So far im very glad i've had it done and will give you the exact figures Wednesday evening.

I've spoke to two people on the subject today one owns a garage and other is a mechanic , the one that owns the garage said to get my Audi done but leave the transit alone and the lad who was just a mechanic said leave both well alone as he knows loads of lads who had their audis/golfs done and had loads of problems. The Audi goes well anyway and is a family car at the end of the day but I do feel sorry for the transit at times:(