Smooth climbing

Ross Smith

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you think that video is not real time you might need your eyes testing barefoots :confused1:

ive been trying one out with tachyon steve and have not come across any glazing but have a few big pops to do this week so its gonna be put through the hard test.

also think the velocity that joe climbs on in the vid would be ideal for quick decents especially if your goona speed it up :001_tt2:

great bit of kit but not worthy of small to medium trees.

Yo ross, caught up with joe this wkend. Is awsome to watch him climb on it and i gonna give mine another go. 11mm line all the way dude, i also found velocity the best. Gd luck man and keep at it. rememeber how long u been climbing on a prussik so will take awhile to suss it.

if you think that video is not real time you might need your eyes testing barefoots :confused1:

I think it's been speeded up by maybe 110% of normal. Not hugely. I've never said it was dramatic. It might be a result of the video process but the leaf and rope movement isn't natural, nor the rate of pendulum.

And me.

I can see what you mean, Bareroots, but I think it's just the vid quality ('flicky' at times), rather than being speeded up. There's a bit of wind as well.

It really is an awesome demonstration of climbing.

I won't be getting an SJ though.

Cheaper to film me climbing on my Knut, then speed the film up....:sneaky2::001_tongue:

Just watched it again. I don't think its been speeded up. Just think he is that good.

Also agreed, some people are just complete naturals in terms of balance and dexterity. Speaking as someone on the complete opposite side of the spectrum from the chap in video, I find it quite inspirational. If I can get even one fifth as good as he is, I'll be happy!

I might try tomorrow, got 16 leylandii to take down! :lol: