Ian F

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it a primer or a purge?

Provided you can compare it to the similar feature on the FS 130 Brush Cutter, Stihl calls it a "fueld pump bulb", see http://www.stihlusa.com/stihl_ownersmanuals/FS130_Manual.pdf (page 37), where it states:

Press fuel pump bulb (9) at least five times - even if the bulb is already filled with fuel

The main function may, however, be to force out air.

Just popped in to my freindly neighbourhood Stihl shop today and they had one of those 192T's in. I have to say, despite in not being a full pro saw, it's incredibly light and for stuff like street tree work, light pruning etc it would be awesome and a lot cheaper than a MS200T. Not so sure about the fuel primer though, I can see that getting popped or busted within the first few days once it's been smacked against a couple of branches and the odd dead stump. Still, I'd be tempted with it as replacement saw for those lighter jobs. Haven't yet seen the 201 or heard anything about it.

Well, the PRO Stihl FS-130 (and KM-130) brush cutter 4-mix engine also uses a fuel primer, so even Stihl already use them for pro-range products.

But why they choose to fill the carb fuel chamber using a primer pump, I don't know. Possibly it saves a few pulls when starting cold, so you don't have to have the carb membrane suck-in the fuel.

The FS 400/450 has had the bulbs forever, They suck the fuel through the carb.

Def pro models!

It has to be better having the carb filled with fuel before trying to start rather than doing all the hard work dragging fuel through with the tiny pulse provided by the engine being pulled over.

but how many pro stihl saws have them? anyway lets get back on track, what do people think to the whole idea of of a replacement to the 200, and with huskys new topper out soon (and this one looks promising) will the new stihl keep the stihl topper at the top,, or can the husky knock it of its purch, thats what i will be looking forward to in the next couple of years

• 2 weeks later...

.I've just bought a new 200t for not much more than a 10 yr old one on ebay , my thoughts buy tried and tested 200t and wait to see if any problems arise with new model and give stihl chance to sort them out . I guess the're are those that have to have the latest saw / car / ipod etc the new ones could be better

Edited by bythamboy
addition

• 1 month later...

Had a play with one of the two MS201t's today and It doesnt have a primer, it is however an excellent saw. Slightly bigger than the old 200 due to the new EU engine standards. Bigger handle, bigger air filter. A little heavier than the 200 but not much and its still really well balanced. But pretty much the same as the 200.

I too had a look today and, although it's slightly heaver with an empty fuel tank, with a full tank it's lighter. It has a smaller tank than the 200T, but with a 20% better fuel consumption it should run for longer.

Hope that makes sense.:001_smile:

I too had a look today and, although it's slightly heaver with an empty fuel tank, with a full tank it's lighter. It has a smaller tank than the 200T, but with a 20% better fuel consumption it should run for longer.

Hope that makes sense.:001_smile:

any prices on it yet ??:001_smile: