Where does your loyalty lie?

Tom D

Wher does your loyalty lie?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Wher does your loyalty lie?

• the tree
    • the client

Its easy to want to give up trying when you are being asked to take down veteran beech trees down and grind the stumps house so they can build houses on the land.

When I am done, every arb will know what things to see to make sure they can halt this legaly, there are so many things in the veterens that are protected by EU laws, when you know what they are and where youll find them you can call a stop to it, and youll be backed up by laws that are all powerful.

there is a way, we just have to be clever about it and USE them laws

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fanatic, mmm NOPE, far from it.

I merely try to be a voice on another plain, to be a lonely voice in a room of gun ho felling threads where folk talk about the size of their bar as though it was a penis :lol:

Felling is an important part of what WE do, you lot forget I am an arb too, but felling is ALWAYS the last resort/option discussed, and the more decrepit the tree the more empathy is required in that process.

I disagree entirely. I think you LIKE to see yourself as that lonely voice in a room surrounded by the evil tree fellers. The reason you're a lonely voice is because you seem to find it difficult to see any other view other than your own.

You have no compromise in your views and are not really listening to what others are saying.

There's nothing wrong with gung ho tree felling threads. There are plenty of other threads showing the beauty of living trees.

I haven't forgotten you're an arb worker either.

Felling is not always the last option to be discussed.

I have to admit you really get my back up not so much for your opinions but more from your blunt attitude of 'I am Right and you are Wrong.'

If you want to change peoples views and opinions and get them to think more about what they're doing you need to be a lot more tactful how you go about it.

If joe public were educated in tree stuff i.e right tree in the right place etc in the future there would be hardly any work for any of us.:thumbdown:

Is that a bad thing?

what i mean is, surely the tree industry is saturated at present and only getting worse. There are a lot of people out there who are very very good at their job, on boths sides ie hama/mr tree vs stephen blair/skyhuck and the like (only mentioning a few) but there are also i bet a lot of people who really shouldn't be doing this at all

if the strongest survive as in darwins theory (is that right:blushing:) then surely that can only be a good thing from both a cutters and ecologists perspective

preventative tree care is the way forward:thumbup:

So Mr Tree, what do you suggest we do??

Don't worry there will always be a need for tree cutters.

What I suggest is education for all, tree industry and the public. With some knowledge there will be more need for educated arborists and there will be more trees and trees with fewer problems.

I suppose when the tree industry as a whole is esteemed by the public in the same manner as landscape architects, and we are professionals and considered professionals by the public then we will be in a better place.

This whole thread has been wrong in my opinion, there is not a dichotomy with tree preservation on one side and tree cutters on the other. The question should be more to the effect, are you willing to use your knowledge to do the best for not only the tree owner but communities of humans and other organisms?

I likely have cut more trees than any other person on this board. I have cleared hundreds of acres of invasive trees in grasslands, I have burnt grasslands, I have removed perfectly healthy trees, I have created wildlife habitat, I have planted trees, I have written about trees, I have educated people, and I have tried to make something of a difference. If every person working on trees where to read one book about trees and were to go out and touch trees then I would not worry so much about the state of the industry or the world.

:thumbup1:

I will keep my name to myself. I have no interest in any discussion involving me as a known person, perfer people to complain about my ideas.

Suffice to say that I have been working with and studying trees since 1984 and been planting trees since a cub-scout in the early 1970s.

I disagree entirely. I think you LIKE to see yourself as that lonely voice in a room surrounded by the evil tree fellers. .

That's the way I see it, just because we like to talk about big saws and trucks doesn't mean that's it.

I usually have a toddler on

My knee or changing nappies, Reading stories, tidying the house and decking with dozens or retired folks needs around their gardens, I need somewhere I can pretend to be macho still :)

I disagree entirely. I think you LIKE to see yourself as that lonely voice in a room surrounded by the evil tree fellers. The reason you're a lonely voice is because you seem to find it difficult to see any other view other than your own.

You have no compromise in your views and are not really listening to what others are saying.

There's nothing wrong with gung ho tree felling threads. There are plenty of other threads showing the beauty of living trees.

I haven't forgotten you're an arb worker either.

Felling is not always the last option to be discussed.

I have to admit you really get my back up not so much for your opinions but more from your blunt attitude of 'I am Right and you are Wrong.'

If you want to change peoples views and opinions and get them to think more about what they're doing you need to be a lot more tactful how you go about it.

Im not really that worried that you find me personally to be a bit of a dick, thats cool, I shall go see what youve contributed thus far to this forum:001_rolleyes: