chipper saw stihl v huksy v echo v makita

littlerob

im looking to go out and get a small saw for use as a chipper saw so dont need a full pro saw with 50+cc been thinking about a few saws two echo's the cs-310es or the cs-370es the stihl ms181 the husky 236 the makita dcs4610 all to have a 14inch bar i have has a ms180 befor and tought it was below what i would expected as it never oil right from day one all my other saws are echo and i like them never gave me a problem never used any husky befor or the makita but the makita has the most cc tho anybody like to give there honest opinions please do and if you a echo dealer let me be known

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just bought the makita dsc 4610 with 45.2cc on a 14inch bar got a free makita groundy saftey helmet Specification of this Makita DCS4610-35 chainsaw:

.Engine displacement 45.2cc

.Horsepower 2.28hp

.Power output 1700w

.Sprocket nose bar 35cms

.Fuel tank 370mlo

.Oil tank 280ml

.Fuel mix 50:1

.Chain type 3/8" x 050

.Chain speed 17.1m/s

.Weight 4.7kgs

.Bar, chain, bar cover, toolset

.Full industrial warranty with all Makita power tools and delivered to my door door 167.70 for the price it can sit near the chipper all day with out me worrying to much just in case it gets stolen

• 10 months later...

In my opinion there is too much plastic on the makita. It looks to be far too easily broken. It seems makita have just branded a cheap product to trick tradesmen/landscapers into buying one.

I would have said husky all the way up until stihls 441!

The Echo offering at your end of the market is far superior than the other offerings. They are very well built, reliable and out perform the others. The light homeowner Stihl/Husky offering aren't "real" Stihl/Huskys and are built down to a price and thge Makita is a cheap "copy" saw branded an Makita. The only manufacturer in your list of options that offer a product range that is constant in terms of quality through their range is Echo.

The Efco MT4100 would be a viable option if you need another choice- far better than an MS171/181 and Husky equivalent.