Gulp-fuel

hazzygawa

what do you think cousin jack should we be growing more fuel? as people have forgotten in the past when we used hourses on farms half the farm was set aside to grow fuel . ie hay , fodder for the work animals?

I don't have a clue to be honest, I live in my own little world and I just do what I do because I enjoy it. But I too, go through the garage forecourt at least once a week. It would be looking at it through rose tinted glasses to say "the old days were the best", because the old days were bloody hard too.

The population on this planet has doubled in 45 yrs so "stepping back" is a hard option if we want to keep feeding everyone.

I personally can't get my head round this biofuel business, around us now we have about 2000 acres of miscanthus, seems to me it's not fit for man nor beast and, I am led to believe that it would'nt be viable without the grants and incentives. Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer to see the land growing wheat, barley, grass, or even trees, seems more natural to me.

It seems though that we just can't live without oil, and as long as the demand is there, they will keep putting the price up. Simples.

But, should the oil run out tomorrow, I know I've got a back up :001_smile:

011.jpg.657e551b2ac069822b7f35e834b11fc4.jpg

010.jpg.9c54bff278c1b0f07bf54709cfe61c37.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue to be honest, I live in my own little world and I just do what I do because I enjoy it. But I too, go through the garage forecourt at least once a week. It would be looking at it through rose tinted glasses to say "the old days were the best", because the old days were bloody hard too.

The population on this planet has doubled in 45 yrs so "stepping back" is a hard option if we want to keep feeding everyone.

I personally can't get my head round this biofuel business, around us now we have about 2000 acres of miscanthus, seems to me it's not fit for man nor beast and, I am led to believe that it would'nt be viable without the grants and incentives. Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer to see the land growing wheat, barley, grass, or even trees, seems more natural to me.

It seems though that we just can't live without oil, and as long as the demand is there, they will keep putting the price up. Simples.

But, should the oil run out tomorrow, I know I've got a back up :001_smile:

We think exactly on the same times cousin Jack, death to the combustion engine! and biomass, and lets get back a more sensible way of life...................................... :thumbup1:

We think exactly on the same times cousin Jack, death to the combustion engine! and biomass, and lets get back a more sensible way of life...................................... :thumbup1:

a more sensible way of life. i like the sound of that!!! but in reality its a dream i cant see the western world going back in tehnology if the rest of the world (china, india) are moving forward, will we see hourses fighting against tanks in the militery(with preasent cuts to the armed forces probbly) like the 1st world war ,. will we see combines replaced by hourse drawn binders , but as cousin jack said as long as there is a demand for oil then people will keep paying it,

15% petrol inflation rise in the last 12 months!

here

I live at the side of the motorway and seemed to notice less traffic flow at off-peak times?

The combustion engines days are numbered vis-a-vis peak oil and bring on carbon neutral sustainable transport I say for quieter nites :D

But I cant understand why customers moan at the price of firewood deliveries when its averaging >£1.30 for U/L and diesel £135.44 ????