T.h tree services videos

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are spikes dangerous? Hardly more dangerous than leaving stubs?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Two spikes, which with an unfortunate slip can puncture your calfs ?. damage the arch of your feet causing arthritis, cutting off blood circulation, increase loading at the knees, create pin point pressure on your feet which is why you need to move the weight from side to side, increase the rate of fatigue, standing on a stub reduces these strains considerably :)

I do use spikes but like I've said as a last resort due to the damage they do the your body and the trees.

I hope that's enlightened you abit.

You could trap a nerve damage blood vessels permanently, the more use the more damage, I'm sure you have had very achy feet after an hour in spikes there's a reason why were not built to put that much pressure on such a small part of our feet the arch is not meant to hold our entire weight, its meant to aid spreading it across the foot.

Read up on google about the arch of the foot I promise if you use spikes your arches have ached a lot. But that's just one reason I limit the use of spikes. :001_smile:

Two spikes, which with an unfortunate slip can puncture your calfs ?. damage the arch of your feet causing arthritis, cutting off blood circulation, increase loading at the knees, create pin point pressure on your feet which is why you need to move the weight from side to side, increase the rate of fatigue, standing on a stub reduces these strains considerably :)

I do use spikes but like I've said as a last resort due to the damage they do the your body and the trees.

I hope that's enlightened you abit.

Got to agree with this, working off spikes is knackering, much rather a nice stub.

Some of you lads need better boots and better spikes.

I've been using spikes for many hours a day several times per week for 20 years, with no ill effects and even after a full day on spikes my feet feel fine.

Using the haix extremes better then aqua fells, and Ellen's. On titanium Buckinghamshire with Velcro wraps but I do have little feet :laugh1: