Price This

wattie

People I speak to can't believe how expensive our day rates are- then you tell them what your kit costs and they wonder why you do it for the money.

If that's the case then they should ring bt and ask what they charge.

I have received a bill for £400 for putting a telephone line back up :blushing: it took the engineer two hours.

£100 per hour for a pair of ladders and a screwdriver.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dean forgot to mention he had forgotten his glasses that day and felled two off their poles:001_tongue::

The barstewards had only put the line up two days before, right through, not ove some leylandii I trim every year.

I was tucked inside the middle of them cutting my route thru with the h/trmmers and there it appeared :bored:

I was clearing some Russian vine one day, a monstrous amount entangled around everything, and couldnt see the phone line amongst it all. Slashed thru the mass of mess, didnt see the phone line that I was trimming up into loads of little bits. Luckily there was an engineer on his break in a layby, £10 to install a new length of line and re-connect. Result.

Bt has highhh overheads therefore they require the money.

On a serious note this was an interesting thread and made good reading.

On charge issue;

The bottom line is you charge to cover your costs plus a bit,you are not competing with someone with an old vectra and trailer with no insurance and pockets the proceeds.