How do you guys feel about poaching?

Mr. Bish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do the same but i don't know how we could inforce it though.

Explain to the client on the phone before you go to look at the job that the app will be charged for but if they decide employ you to carry out the work then the price for the app will be taken off the quote,

Works for me.

Allthough any other profession the app would be charged for regardless wether you got the work.

Well it seems to me that if you know the name of the company doing this, as it seems you do, then stating on this forum, xxxtree surgeons have been doing such & such a thing, cannot be anything but a good thing and I cannot see how xxxtree surgeons could sue you if you are only stating a fact, you are after all not making things up. Furthermore the administrator(s) of this site should want to know who is doing this & have a quiet word in their shell like, surely no one wants members like this on the forum. I'm a member of the Hilux Pickup Owners Club & if anything like this went on the member concerned would be at the very least given a bollocking & maybe even banned off the site for good. Come on guys let's look after each other here a bit hey.

If you say hes a regular user on here then he has most probably read all the negative responses to his actions, and if hes got any morals he will stop doing it anyway

He may have morals but he may be in financial difficulties, needs to secure the work to keep a roof over his head, im sure alot of us would bend the rules to feed our family.

i still say go and speak to him and take it from there, its the only way to move forward to the next step, whatever you choose that to be.

tbh I'm surprised that anyone would do an app and not charge for it!:confused1:

I don't even knock the price off the tree job if we do. There a fair bit if with that goes into an app and theres no chance I would be doing that for free. Unless, it was a very good repeat customer, even then the job would have to be a good payer.

Also is what's going on here really that much of a hanging offense? Especially since you haven't lost any jobs over it, shows that your customers prefer you.:thumbup1:

And before anyone asks no I don't try to get work this way, I'm far too lazy to bother looking for customers that way.:001_smile:

The planning apps and addresses are often in the local paper. I do not see that a letter to the applicants address offering their services is anything other than standard stuff.

As said earlier builders do it all the time. Often the clients have done the app themselves and are glad to get some quotes

If they don't name you in the letter or knock on the door whats the big deal?

The planning apps and addresses are often in the local paper. I do not see that a letter to the applicants address offering their services is anything other than standard stuff.

As said earlier builders do it all the time. Often the clients have done the app themselves and are glad to get some quotes

If they don't name you in the letter or knock on the door whats the big deal?

Builders do not normally make the planning application, they are only able to quote once planing has been obtained. With our work we often spec the work and make the application/notification.

So in my view its very different and I would consider any one who sends out such letters to be lower than a snakes belly.

Well it seems to me that if you know the name of the company doing this, as it seems you do, then stating on this forum, xxxtree surgeons have been doing such & such a thing, cannot be anything but a good thing and I cannot see how xxxtree surgeons could sue you if you are only stating a fact, you are after all not making things up. Furthermore the administrator(s) of this site should want to know who is doing this & have a quiet word in their shell like, surely no one wants members like this on the forum. I'm a member of the Hilux Pickup Owners Club & if anything like this went on the member concerned would be at the very least given a bollocking & maybe even banned off the site for good. Come on guys let's look after each other here a bit hey.

And who is to say Stumpgrinder isn't making the whole thing up:001_rolleyes:

What if the other guy charges for this service and is fed up with others doing it for free and he feels this is the only way to get back at them.

I bet consultants are fed up reading mickey mouse planning applications that get approved by the council when they have spent fortunes getting degrees.:001_smile: