Dodgy splitter stay awey

Rick2517

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea good job on getting your money back, I called that guy on ebay when I was looking for my splitter, I decided to go for a proper company in the end not just some guy making a log splitter! Give Andrew at wallenstein UK a shout, I bought mine off him a few weeks ago and he was always happy to help and the splitter is very good quality! couldnt have asked for more of his service:thumbup1:

good luck

I read something recently about the CE mark on stuff that complies with applicable European Union directives.

The Chinese were sending stuff to the EU with slightly different CE logos but looked enough like the genuine one to fool most people who aren't familiar with the proper CE mark and rules.

When asked they said it stood for China Export !

I was speaking to a guy in Cheshire recently who makes very good log splitters - he said he couldn't compete with the stuff from shitters-r-us as people would prefer to save a few pounds by buying junk.

Looks familiar ?

Edited by Andy Collins
Link removed at request of the dealer, no relationship to OP issues

Yea very familiar!! However altho i only used the machine for 5mins i must say i dont think the problem was the parts used i think it was the very poor way they where put together "ptfe tape to seal a hydraulic connection, is that right??"

and i would understand if i was being stingy but at £1900 i didn't thing i was saving a few bucks at all, infact i thought i was paying extra for quality lol how wrong i was .

Its great to have lots of feed back and im very happy that this thread has been vied by so many potential victims of this scam.

Rich

I think that honesty is the best policy. I too bought what i thought was going to be a fairly decent splitter for about £1400. To be fair the parts are great the biggest problem i had was when towing it down the farm one of the stub axles split out from the bottom of the tank and drained all but 3 litres out of the tank before i realised. These were attached the same way as they were on the machine that you bought so i wouldn't have said it was road towable really. All that said i have a new chassis a suspension and bigger wheels and all seems to be ok (touch wood:lol:). The engine the ram and the pump all seem good so i suppose it was just a starter pack for making your own log splitter really!! Oh and you will probably find as i did that the hydraulic fittings aren't all standard either! I was told it was almost like they had a few bits laying around and made it up into what i had. Anyway i'm happy now with my unit.

i have a guy that i supply timber downe here dought 2 log splitters to work off of his tractor spool valves, he bought them from the same guy and within 4 weeks of use they are boot in bit in boxes on the way back to the guy . Really poor workman ship and cheep replica parts are used !!! i would stay well clear of the guy .

Having said that dangerous bri bought one of his early splitters to go on his tractor and its still going well after splitting roughly 400 tons of timber .