Dodgy splitter stay awey

Rick2517

Hi this is my first post on arb talk and although I have read through the rules I am unsure if this is breaking them so fingers crosses I’m not going to get banned, however if this is the case then as long as it is read by a few people first then it will be worth wile.

I have recently purchased a wood splitter on-line after allot of research and fafing around I finally decided on one and it was the worst mistake ever.

first the guy replied to all my E-mails with a pushy sales speech asking for money asap (witch should have set alarm bells ringing) then when I was finally satisfied that the machine was what I was after I transferred £1900 into his account and waited for the next day delivery as promised. It actually turned up 2 days later but that’s no big deal as the bigger problem was that when I tried to get the "road legal towable splitter" off of the pallet it came on the thing wouldn’t move because the tire was pushed firm against the chassis.

I contacted the seller strait away and asked for this to be sorted. After allot of chasing him and messing around I finally got it picked up and another machine was delivered. Before taking the machine off of the pallet I checked the tire spacing and was still not happy or convinced that it was safe to tow on the road or anywhere for that matter. I then checked over the hole machine and opened a can of warms... there was no battery cover, the front stabilising leg was put on back to front, the rear stabilising leg pin holes where not lined up, there was chipped paint and rusty parts everywhere, and most shocking there was a hydraulic oil leak from 1 of the connections which after just 5 minutes use developed into a puddle!!

I contacted this guy right away to demand a full refund and after almost 2 weeks he finally paid but not for the full amount, it was £150 short and he says this is a "re-stocking charge" I am absolutely fuming with this guy and I am taking legal action against him. I’m gonna do him for the interest and loss of earnings!!

But on top of my priorities is to get the message out about this cowboy and make sure others do not get caught up in the same situation as me so please get the word out people.

I cannot name him but take a good look at the pics, they are the only machines of their type out there and are advertised as: DIESEL TOWABLE 26 TON LOG SPLITTER and is all over e-bay and e- arborist.

cheers rich

5976594d30c17_26tonelogsplitter.jpg.12cfd0828276ad385664078a64658edf.jpg

026.jpg.5e17ddef0daffd6be508caae06f6a749.jpg

025.jpg.d4c2ab6a38a83bf4c4d93828a836688e.jpg

024.jpg.3013bb00766a639c7f00438825c172b8.jpg

023.jpg.e167b0aba400c631d3051cb4d0fb6b1d.jpg

022.jpg.a9dabe0119f719074fbbec048dfd24ee.jpg

021.jpg.03fa9fa1a2f8291f805b42c8078de8c8.jpg

5976594d1f944_oilleak.jpg.4952fd7d6c4657cbd4ac44f42b3e6ec4.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from the paint work, looks like that yoke has been earning the dude 150 bucks ''re-stocking charge'' for some time lol. Plently of scams about these days.

Those weak spot wilds on the axle look just about a mark up from a super glue jobbie.

im sure its more down to the build quality rather then parts.

I would say both, typical chinese gear, poor quality metal and poor coatings meaning brand new stuff turns rusty very quickly

If you want a diesel splitter get something like this JCB Hydraulic Breaker pack Hose & Gun. DIESEL on eBay (end time 23-Feb-11 21:52:37 GMT) or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JCB-DIESEL-CONCRETE-BREAKER-ANTI-VIB-HAMMER-LOMBARDIN-/320642341557?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Tools_Construction_Tools_ET&hash=item4aa7c5dab5 (or a petrol for half the money!) and a "tractor mounted" hydraulic splitter :001_tongue: