Land rover vs Isuzu vs Ford??

haforbes

Cheers for the replies. My only concerns with the new 90's is the leg room, I'm 6'4 and did briefly sit in a new one and it was not comfy! They're also very unreliable, noisy and as already said not good on fuel, Which seems odd because they have the same engine as the ranger (I think??) which is supposed to be much better. Is it all worth it for pulling the extra 500kg , off road capability and low depreciation?? To be honest the landy was at the bottom of my list but it seems to be a popular choice.

you no you can have the bulk head removed from new.. my uncles's your hight and big built.. he bought new 90 last year and the seat goes back another 6 inches min.. looks strange when you see him drivin it fom side cos u cant see his head...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isuzu,last one finally died with over 300,000 on the clock at least150,000 towing a trailer of some sort.Stay clear of the 3.0d unless it has had all the work done by Isuzu the3.1d is the best in my oppinion but they stopped that model in 1998 but you can stil find some well looked after ones for £1500 or less.I`ve had one since they first came into the country in1988 & am now on my 3rd SWB which I use for work & 4th LWB of personel use (1 got stolen ! ) Once drove back from Northern Italy to the UK in 23hrs towing a 7m trailer :thumbup1:

test drive a tdci landy, way better than the older models, I bought one 3 years ago and have found it very good. The engine has way more low down tourque than the td5 and is a very good tower, I fitted a psi powerbox and the extra power only makes it better still, mpg has remained the same. Mines a 110 and I get 30+mpg not towing and 23-25 with the trailer on. Its is quieter than the old ones and with 6 gears a good cruiser.

How do you mean cancelled? I know they are due to change the chassis design in a few years, but wasnt aware they were being pulled off the production line so soon.

as in,,, cancelled,,, as it stands at present the defender cannot be sold in the US,, it NEEDS to sell in the US to make it worth while to LR.. it fails so many safety requirements etc for so many countries that it needs to be updated..

it's been LR's biggest dilemma for a while now,,there's plenty on the interweb about it if you have a little dig,

my local dealer is very good to me,, help me out a fair bit,, the fit chick on sales confirmed only last week that the defender is being cancelled,, cant remember whether late this year or early next.. but a replacement is on the way,, most likely based on D3 chassis,,( by that i mean the ladder one,, not the other:biggrin:)

as in,,, cancelled,,, as it stands at present the defender cannot be sold in the US,, it NEEDS to sell in the US to make it worth while to LR.. it fails so many safety requirements etc for so many countries that it needs to be updated..

it's been LR's biggest dilemma for a while now,,there's plenty on the interweb about it if you have a little dig,

my local dealer is very good to me,, help me out a fair bit,, the fit chick on sales confirmed only last week that the defender is being cancelled,, cant remember whether late this year or early next.. but a replacement is on the way,, most likely based on D3 chassis,,( by that i mean the ladder one,, not the other:biggrin:)

I had it mind the landrover wasnt really a big seller in america, they like there big muscle trucks over there!

I was told the new defender would have a chassis based on the d3, but this wouldnt be for a few years yet. Saying that, that infromation was passed to me from a salesman at taunton landrover who was talking me through a "td5" he had for sale on the forcourt, which was actually a puma :sneaky2: He didnt really have a clue what he was talking about! I mean i dont know much about landrovers, but i knew a hell of alot more than him!