Red diesel costs.

Mesterh

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it not be viable to get a group buy organised in your area

Possibly, will just have to look at usage and were to get it delivered to etc.

I was keeping a bit of a log of red usage and costs so will have to dig it out.

Cheers for the info so far.:thumbup1:

Cheapest ATM is looking around 60p going up to 89p (if I include the vat)

I pay 79p a litre for red and £1.32 for white. I was thinking of buying a tank for white as my van runs on it and my Land rover too. I enquired about buying 1000 litres of white at a time (last week) and i can get it delivered for £1.10 a litre. That would be the way to go surely for some of you guys as you must use a lot more white than red? The savings cound be immense over a year.

If someone is doing white diesel for 91p a litre could you pm a phone no I would be up for 2500 litres at a time. My bulk price this week £1.10 + vat :confused1:

Just wondering what's others are paying for red.

I filled up a load of jerry cans the other day which cost 88.9p from a garage pump.

Have no space to store much more than about 200 litres so bulk delivery is out.

Still a lot cheaper than White which is ranging from 129.9-135.9p depending if you can be bothered to drive another 500 yards!:confused1:

ordered 5000 litres yesterday... 64.5per L... ITS A JOKE.. its 600 quid more than last lot we had before xmas..

If someone is doing white diesel for 91p a litre could you pm a phone no I would be up for 2500 litres at a time. My bulk price this week £1.10 + vat :confused1:

Will have to make another call then won't i. I presume i spoke to an office girl but thought she'd know what she was on about!! Anyway going on what you're saying it must be wrong so why do you bother buying it in bulk? If the fuel is availabe on the forecourt for about the same price surely it's hardly worth the bother is it? Plus you must have a higher chance of fuel theft:confused1:

ordered 5000 litres yesterday... 64.5per L... ITS A JOKE.. its 600 quid more than last lot we had before xmas..

Part of the problem is its not the gas oil we used to know. Its basically road fuel with die in it. You may have problems in older plant because theadditives will shift dirt and block filters. You may get a slight improvement on performance but dont leave it hanging around for years it will go off.

Part of the problem is its not the gas oil we used to know. Its basically road fuel with die in it. You may have problems in older plant because theadditives will shift dirt and block filters. You may get a slight improvement on performance but dont leave it hanging around for years it will go off.

tell me about it. we just had to spend £300 on new filter system on our tank for this new diesel.. we were changin diesel filter every 2 days on our combine back at harvest..