Vermeer BC160XL - comments please

TimberCutterDartmoor

I would go with the quad chip mate, i was really impressed with it at the apf. not so impressed when i saw the vermeer.

plus you could get the quadchip sprayed vermeer yellow ....

Has anyone got footage of the quadchip in action cant find anything on u tube?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had this machine back again today.

We put through some conifer just to see what happened!!!

YouTube - ‪IMG 0989‬‏

is the feed working ok on that with the smoke coming out of the spout it sounds like the material is rubbing on the flywheel the engine would pick up quicker if it would backfeed for a split second

So just to derail slightly; I was looking at either a vermeer or a bandit 9 inch. I talked to guys who had used both and most reckoned that the bandits were far superior. Now we have Greenmech thrown into the mix. So who uses a Greenmech and what are they like? I saw one of the 9 inches in action today and for such a small chipper it actually out performed the BC1000. I alos had a nosey at Bearcat and wasn't at all impressed. Looks like they'd give up the ghost after 6 months.

This Vermeer is the demo machine with 50hrs on it!!!! I have used these bc160's quite a bit due to mine being back with them every other week. They all behave a little like this to be honest and even get hung up on small brash.

This Vermeer is the demo machine with 50hrs on it!!!! I have used these bc160's quite a bit due to mine being back with them every other week. They all behave a little like this to be honest and even get hung up on small brash.

It clearly needs the blades sharpening.