Tick Tick Boom (navara D22)

Theocus

I have the D22 fear. That is i've gone past 80k and i need my navara but can't afford to replace it. Its still a fantastic truck and its been truely fantastic up to this point. Its due a service soon but there is an little more engine noise than normal. All adds to the fear.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine hasnt gone yet but 2 of my friends d22's this week have gone bang with the old bottom end bearing/conrod failure. I am getting out of the navara club and getting into the Isuzu Rodeo members area! Problem is mine is kitted up with winches and all sorts so need to put right before i sell it on. Just had a new clutch and service too.

Any other members with a bitter taste of the d22's in their mouth!

You cant go wrong with a rodeo i traded my d22 [after i spent 5k on a rebuild] in for a 3l sport cant folt it in eny way grate on fuel loads of power and pulls a trailer eny where you cant go wrong

My D22 went bang in 2009 the local nissan dealer said that as it had passed 115,000 it will be ok!! regularly serviced oil changes etc suddenly a heavy tick tick tick if I had been able to stop it then the cost would have been £4-500 as it was it cost me £3,500 (ouch) as well as not having a truck to deliver logs in I lost customers as the garage doing the work took 8 weeks to repair the vehicle. I have since learnt that for about £300 you can get all of the modifications done prior to the big bang it takes about a day and you will get yourself an engine that should keep going. I love my truck and wouldnt be without it. So save yourself the aggravation and get the modification done!!

My D22 went bang in 2009 the local nissan dealer said that as it had passed 115,000 it will be ok!! regularly serviced oil changes etc suddenly a heavy tick tick tick if I had been able to stop it then the cost would have been £4-500 as it was it cost me £3,500 (ouch) as well as not having a truck to deliver logs in I lost customers as the garage doing the work took 8 weeks to repair the vehicle. I have since learnt that for about £300 you can get all of the modifications done prior to the big bang it takes about a day and you will get yourself an engine that should keep going. I love my truck and wouldnt be without it. So save yourself the aggravation and get the modification done!!

is this modifaction from nissan or 3,rd party

Went down my mates garage today and he had a nivara on the ramp with the sump off to fit one of these mod kits so it gets better oil pressure on initial start up. It was only a small tube that has to be replaced in the sump. The problem is the book time to do the job is meant to be 13 hours !!! You can see why because you have to take the front diff unit out and to remove the sump there are 2 bolts that go through from the flywheel hsg so the engine in theory has to come out !!!!! Glad ive got a landy (or 5 !!! )

I've been in contact with bulgar engineering, £630 gets you the mods which sort the big bang issue, an extra 160 gets you a new clutch and an extra 220 gets you cam belts and service!!! Awesome!!! Going to get the mods done to prevent the failure as it's a great truck and my d22 as Westwood would say is arb pimped!!! Isuzu rodeo though is my next truck is amazing, have a look at the one on the cross roads garage in shooting on stour site. It's in the used section. Maybe someone may put a link.