Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

8 minutes ago, Mull said:

Looks a fine piece of kit. Being a relative newbie to firearm ownership can I ask what being “set up for PR” means? Excuse my ignorance.

As Garethm has stated it’s a particular type of competition, just Google Practical Rifle or Service Rifle and you’ll get the gist of why it’s converted to run with 20rnd mags. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GarethM said:

Someone's a bit brave using a 308 without a moderator!.

I wouldn't even use the 17HMR these days without hushing it a little 🙂.

Lol maybe, I used to own a TRG 41 in 338LM with just  a sako muzzle brake, that was unpleasant to be anywhere near when fired. Everything else I have is moderated but I always wear good hearing protection when using anything that’s not, a mod would add a bit too much in regards length and weight in particular standing unsupported. That’s already a 26” barrel. 

Anschutz 1427 bought used in fort William years ago for £120. The guys wife had used it for indoor target work with a single shot adaptor. 

The one rifle I’ve kept hold of, it’s taught 4 sons how to shoot, incredible trigger and still after more than 20 years of ownership amazingly accurate, cut down by 4” and using a cheap SAK mod with eley subs it’s super quiet. 
PS 

Apologies for the horrific tiles etc, that utility was soon  ripped out and sorted not long after we moved in. 

C3F0ABF1-00A2-4CBA-BD17-9C07286FC427.png

6BFBC50B-33CB-494B-B256-D26498CD00A1.png

CF43539D-881B-4A0F-94B1-34409D360A14.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

I've watched plenty of "bloke on the range" for the practical rifle shooting.

But for utter shooting skill it's got to be Mark Ripley.

Yeah he’s good and has some amazing land to shoot over too. I truly envy the space he has. 

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Anschutz 1427 bought used in fort William years ago for £120. The guys wife had used it for indoor target work with a single shot adaptor. 

The one rifle I’ve kept hold of, it’s taught 4 sons how to shoot, incredible trigger and still after more than 20 years of ownership amazingly accurate, cut down by 4” and using a cheap SAK mod with eley subs it’s super quiet. 
PS 

Apologies for the horrific tiles etc, that utility was soo ripped out and sorted not long after we moved in. 

C3F0ABF1-00A2-4CBA-BD17-9C07286FC427.png

6BFBC50B-33CB-494B-B256-D26498CD00A1.png

CF43539D-881B-4A0F-94B1-34409D360A14.png

Some ball on that bolt! Floor tiles pretty tidy too. Not to mention the cable on top of the skirting, the old days.

2 hours ago, MattyF said:

That’s really nice , did you buy it already converted ? … I was thinking today I really fancy a 308 or maybe a mag conversion for my 243 so didn’t need to see this. 
My 243 getting a clean for a stalk tomorrow. 

CA1EB71D-94F5-4BF2-863A-62531F9FAFB7.jpeg

What stock is that ?? Ali bedding block or glass bedded ??. 
Pretty sure there is a good few DM kits out there nowadays without the need for the machining that was done on mine. You use Weldon Gun Room Matty??, spent way too much coin in there when I lived in Eglingham.