Pricing - too high?

Mark Bolam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 stoner in breif...no not revelant but both me and said person enjoyed it.......

Thanks for explaining.

I would call health and saftey because i feel its unfair that fully qualified and insured people have to charge more to cover these extra expences...im asuming the people doing work for free dont have insurance ect in place

That is out of order, seeing as its based on an assumption only! I know several guys around me who do treework for the wood. They are qualified and insured to carry out the works they do. I wouldnt ring HSE on them just because i saw them working or heard they got a job off me though!

and yes i know plenty of people who earn £120 + per day

After tax, employed, as climbers?

hiya John , are you serious that we can charge more down here ? most firms are charging betwene £250 and £275 a day for a 2 man team .

That is the info I had but it was a single source who said a figure over £400 per day which I found very hard to believe for Cornwall. What you state sounds much more like it thus you like me must dream of these higher numbers...

Mark, I know someone already mentioned it, but it is a very quiet time of year.

Also at present just think of how the customer is seeing things. There has just been the VAT increase, fuel costs are rocketing, both knocking on to household bills going up, even groceries.

People are having doom and gloom rammed down their throats at the moment and I think there is more uncertainty now than there was months ago.

All these things considered, lets just hope this is as bad as it gets and things will start to improve in a few months.

Just stick with the prices for now if you can.

Thanks for explaining.

That is out of order, seeing as its based on an assumption only! I know several guys around me who do treework for the wood. They are qualified and insured to carry out the works they do. I wouldnt ring HSE on them just because i saw them working or heard they got a job off me though!

After tax, employed, as climbers?

Dont forget i a long way from East Yorks...and operate in a totaly diffrent enviormnet...in the past i would off never rung H and S on any one. But ive been living here for 3 years and in the first 3 months i had people call HandS and social call on me at leat ten times.....i can promise you anyone taking down a tree for free over here will not be insured...plus im learning you have to fight back...and YES FULLY EMPLOYED CLIMBERS DO TAKE HOME £120 AFTER TAX.....Also id imagine East Yorks is a lot cheaper place to live than the south of England and the Channal Island...hope this explaines what i have said

Dont forget i a long way from East Yorks...and operate in a totaly diffrent enviormnet...in the past i would off never rung H and S on any one. But ive been living here for 3 years and in the first 3 months i had people call HandS and social call on me at leat ten times.....i can promise you anyone taking down a tree for free over here will not be insured...plus im learning you have to fight back...and YES FULLY EMPLOYED CLIMBERS DO TAKE HOME £120 AFTER TAX.....Also id imagine East Yorks is a lot cheaper place to live than the south of England and the Channal Island...hope this explaines what i have said

Yep, much better explained now.

Perhaps in the future you could post a little more like this instead of the agressive manner you have previously. It does read a little better and wont get folks backs up as much:thumbup::thumbup:

Mark, it is the 11th of january mate, i am only busy this time of year if we get a storm and then you dont see money for ages and have to work out in the terible weather spending a fortune on fuel and wages. :thumbdown:

Mention that estimates will cost £20, that will save you a trip if they have phoned 10 folk already and are just bored they wont be spending £20:sneaky2::biggrin: