another ebay 'great' buy

33bk

i bought my first 440 off fleabay.

the saw was sold for £127 and described as "running but won't cut"

seller was from Barnsley, so went to pick her up, it was dark when i got there and the guy went down the garden to the shed to fetch her.

fired it up, and it ran as sweet as a nut, loads of compression.

He said he'd taken it to his local Stihl dealer to try n repair but they said it couldn't be fixed and offered him £50 off the rrp of a new saw.

Paid him the cash for the saw n took it to the car and threw it in the boot.

as i was closing the boot lid noticed the chain on back to front !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but couldn't resist telling him why the saw wouldn't cut anything....

he was fuming to say the least and was threatening the dealer with all sorts of legal action.

still got the saw today, still running sweet as :thumbup:

roll on fleabay

Perhaps you were lucky?, the dealer was a crook IMO and the customer got paid and you got a nice saw. I have heard many more bad ebay purchases on either side of the Atlantic.:sneaky2:

easy-lift guy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a fake.

All the stickers are wrong, the colours seem wrong, the shape of the top covers are wrong, there are no flippy caps on it etc etc etc.

I've bid £3500 on it, anybody fancy outbidding me?

its got 20 bids and a removed bid of £9999 and 215 visits i dread the poor sod that wins it he should get a free bin to be sick in

i,ve just reported it to hebay

It's a fake.

All the stickers are wrong, the colours seem wrong, the shape of the top covers are wrong, there are no flippy caps on it etc etc etc.

I've bid £3500 on it, anybody fancy outbidding me?

I bid £3700 and was outbid someone else is at it, anybody that thinks not a fake is on the wrong forum it looks like a toy for Christ sake.