New member (Norwich)

ccfoj

Hello - I'll just briefly introduce myself here, I'm another curious newbie looking into treework and related fields. I'm 24, fit and healthy but with only informal experience and certainly no relevant qualifications.

There's a college nearby that offers the usual training and certs, and I think I have some contacts who already do this sort of work, so hopefully I'll have a talk with them at some point.

For now I'm going to volunteer with the BTCV for some work felling trees, planting them and laying hedges - and whatever else is going, really. I need to see if I enjoy it and can manage the work before I commit any time or money to it!

I'll likely post a few questions sooner or later, but in the mean time there's plenty for me to dig back through and read.

Thanks! See you around

Hi, Welcome. BTCV is a good way to get a feel for this work, i know a person who started with them then progressed into arb then into forestry. Easton do a very good arb course and the practical instructors are good (Trevor Renoylds and i can't think of the other guys name). Also you'll get to meet the legend that is Mike Allen. Good Luck.

Hi, Welcome. BTCV is a good way to get a feel for this work, i know a person who started with them then progressed into arb then into forestry. Easton do a very good arb course and the practical instructors are good (Trevor Renoylds and i can't think of the other guys name). Also you'll get to meet the legend that is Mike Allen. Good Luck.

You prepared to put time in, you can learn a massive amount from Mike Allen, it's worth looking into the courses they do at Easton, good luck m8.

Don't forget Mike also does power walking, everywhere!!! so as an added bonus you'll get fitter.

I thought it was just me who throught this? The other guy is Carl Ansell, both very good teachers. I did the ND and to be honest, the course moved incredibly slowly. I would go for the foundation or apprenticeship if I did it again.