htc phones

Nic Johnson Contracting

HTC desire HD was best phone of 2011 on Gadget Show and in Daily Telegraph. Android phones are outselling iphones in US. More of the apps are free than iphone. Android is opensource.

I have had various HTC phones, got a Legend at present, fantastic phone.

Would not swap to any other make (had nokia/samsung before)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone pointed out to me that once you have a iphone, your fairly trapped into Apple unless you mind loosing stuff as Apple and Word don't mix. With a smart phone like the HTC, android is the ops unit which is usable with any most other smart phones.

Is this about right?

Someone pointed out to me that once you have a iphone, your fairly trapped into Apple unless you mind loosing stuff as Apple and Word don't mix. With a smart phone like the HTC, android is the ops unit which is usable with any most other smart phones.

Is this about right?

Wrong. Plenty of third part apps free or cheap to handle just about any file. I keep my books up to date (I use spreadsheets) in the field on my iPod.

If you want it to do things like this with it, then why not have a cheap £10 phone that doesn't matter if it falls out of a tree and breaks, and have an iPod as a PDA kept safe in the van? Works for me, I wouldn't be without it. Do all the lads timesheets, create bills for customers in the field, use it to hold contract spec sheets etc. :thumbup1:

A lot of the desire over apples devices is through good marketing and making them look desirable, the laptops are a single piece of cast aluminium which makes them look good!

I don't own apple computers but have a friend who owns both apple laptops and a windows desktop. His files interchange just fine over computers. It would just kill apples Market share if they were completely dependent on their own file types.

You can get the same programs for both pc and mac now too.

I use my iPhone for everything. I can now be completely dependent from my pc. I an check all three email accounts, facebook, buy and sell on eBay, surf the Internet, listen to music, play games. I can do everything my pc can. And a lot easier!

i was all set to get the desire z with slide out keyboard. i went in carphone warehouse to look at it...it had only been out on display for 2 weeks and the mechanism was already quite floppy so i ruled that off my list. im not just going to stay with blackberry as i cant get on with touch screens.

I have desire z bought it for key board but hardly use it as touch screen is quite good even for my fat fingers all round fantastic phone but three bad points are 1. Battery only lasts a 14 hours max 2. Camera is poor at best 3. Loud speaker is no good. But if you can live with these minor flaws then it is more like a small laptop than a phone and should be treated as one so gets a thus up from me, also is quite robust suffered a few knocks but got saw dust stuck between pad and phone though.

Have they improved the camera on the i phone, it used to be very poor?

Heres a little taster of the camera on my wildfire;

[ATTACH]54219[/ATTACH]

This one is cropped on the phone then downloaded. Still giving a good quality I believe.

[ATTACH]54220[/ATTACH]

looks good to me looking at all the phone reviews the new desire hd top of my list followed by desire, legend and wildfire

but it all depends on what offer i can get out of vodafone the wildfire would do everything i need but then the desire hd if i can get it in a deal ill go for it

thanks for the input

oh and i phones just seem to expensive

If the tarriff is concerning you, go to Phones4U, they will pay off your old contract(if any left) and still give you a good deal.

My wildfire phone was free, 18 month contract, 900 inclusive minutes, unlimited texts.

Should have been £40/ month and I got another £90 cash out of them to make it £35.

There could be better deals out there, but they did also buy me out of old contract for another £200, and gave me £100 for my old phone.

Happy days:thumbup: