Greenmech Quadtech chipper

Dts trees

was shopping for a chipper at the APF

Out of all the stalls i found the greenmech guys the best (most interested in selling something) and was impressed by the features of the quadchip.

I was close to moving from timberwolf to green mech - but then a good low hours 6inch Twolf turned up for the right money.

the other problem in my neck of the woods is dealer support.

there isnt any.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not against Greenmech or Quad trak, The service and machines i have recieved off them have been exceptional:thumbup1:, all i am saying is do not jump into buying any kit with out researching it properly, speak to the guys on the ground, the ones feeding in the branches and the guys maintaining them. I was VERY impressed with it at the APF, i liked all its features and the guys on the stand really knew their stuff. Since then i spoke to a friend who had 1 on a weeks trial, and his words were what i used on my first post. Ideal for light use but the lack of metal to keep it light has an effect on the durability of it. All hail Peteb:thumbup:

I am not against Greenmech or Quad trak, The service and machines i have recieved off them have been exceptional:thumbup1:, all i am saying is do not jump into buying any kit with out researching it properly, speak to the guys on the ground, the ones feeding in the branches and the guys maintaining them. I was VERY impressed with it at the APF, i liked all its features and the guys on the stand really knew their stuff. Since then i spoke to a friend who had 1 on a weeks trial, and his words were what i used on my first post. Ideal for light use but the lack of metal to keep it light has an effect on the durability of it. All hail Peteb:thumbup:

Thats a fair point Stevie but t/wolf have been building light machines for years and have done well thats partly down to being cheap and good dealer support admitted but you cant have a light weight chipper built from thick metal! I love my 220, big heavy machine and really well built but sometimes i would love a light machine.

I may be biased but.............................

The Birmingham contract is spit into four parts, three of the contractors are using QuadChips and the fourth is looking to buy them as well.

Nuff said?

Happy and Prosperous New Year to you All - whatever you use.

i work for the said fourth contractor, and we've had a couple of quadchips, including the tracked one on demo. they were both excellent chippers, especially the road tow one for roadside tree work :thumbup1:

I prefer german I have alaways had german machines built like a brickhouse. My current one is a JBM 543 brillant machine which chews anything, which i have had fair while now. but the lads i have don't have the ticket to tow it. She is heavy but that is a reason why she has lasted so long. You have to compromise on having a lighter machine in order for the lads to tow it.

If we all agree that that the heavier machines are bound to last longer wouldnt it be a better investment to pay for your guys or at least one of them to take their trailer test with a provision in their contract stating that if they leave your company within a certain time scale they pay all or some of the training costs??

rather than get a lighter machine as a compromise. would also increase your carrying capacity to from jobs with the addition of a trailer

I dont really know about the values new and second hand of different kit but might be worth while looking at residual values of the different machines.

I guess if you were to get an extra two years of life out of your prefered machine the trailer test would pay for itself and if the guy you've trained was to leave in this time period you may be due his training fee back from him if this is in his contract.

from my experience i dont think the tw's and green mechs have the same longevity and possibly more down time (depending on maintenance of course) but are certainly in demand as second hand machines all the same.

also depends on your lads - depending on personality extra training can be of some value from a motivational point of view