Always astonished by the public!

Shane

This morning we were called out to tidy up a 'fallen branch' - blocking the pavement and some of the road.

It turned out to be a 12inch trunk fallen away from a 5 stemmed cherry plum.

One of the other trunks was coming away and leaning towards the road (you could see the gap opening at the bottom).

As ever there was a car parked right up against the pile of brushwood in the road and underneath the leaning stem.

We tidied up the fallen bits but had to settle for a temporary roping of the leaner until we could get at it with the car out of the way.

I was about to make up a warning sign to hang on the tree when the owner of the car appeared (from the nearby shops).

When we said she was lucky the tree missed her car she said -

'Oh that was down when I parked a while ago, ... I did wonder if it would be OK to park here'

I told here the other trunk was about to go but we couldn't do much with it until all was clear.

She then said - 'Oh well... by the way am I entitled to have my car cleaned'?

To which any member of this forum would reply..

'In view of the fact that part of the tree had already fallen, and you wondered if it was 'OK' to park there.....

Answers on a postcard please.

By the way there was no visible sawdust on the car.

When the car was gone we pulled down the other trunk (also 12'') with a rope and NO cutting necessary.

AAAAAARGH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so

if she drove through a puddle and got dirt on her car- then she would expect compensation from the council (us)

stupid cow

hope you told her to sling her hook

but these days of customer first makes me think you bit on your tongue and apologised for any inconvenience gave her a fiver to go through ARC car wash

Dear Mr Cameron - bring in some anti customer legislation:001_tt2:

i think thats a bit harsh. She has returned to a worksite, could even be the first ever tree work she has seen, been polite enough to make conversation and move her car and now you are slagging her off. :thumbdown:

Your day revolved around that branch, she has probably forgotten about it already.:001_rolleyes:

You missed a great oppertunity there and could of asked her to follow you to the nearest garage and washed her car for her, 10 mins with a scooshy gun and £5 and you would of been her night in shining armour, you never know when or where you will come across folk again, the world is a small place.

EVERYONE is a possible customer and they are all a fellow human being.:001_smile:

others beat me to it

The fact is if she was expecting compensation then it's likely she is a certain sort of person- compensation culture vulture

You'd have cleaned her car then she would have said you damaged the paintwork then you're in trouble as you have effectively admitted liability

Sorry if that sounds cynical but I've been there and it hurts

others beat me to it

The fact is if she was expecting compensation then it's likely she is a certain sort of person- compensation culture vulture

You'd have cleaned her car then she would have said you damaged the paintwork then you're in trouble as you have effectively admitted liability

Sorry if that sounds cynical but I've been there and it hurts

Facts:001_rolleyes: