Why Oh Why Oh Why ????!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

We should remember we are having the worst winter for a century.

The transport situation could be sorted by spending lots of money on equipment, staff and infrastructure (and education), like they have done in Northern Europe.

Is it worth it, though? It doesn't really happen often, especially here down south.

As Stevie and Lorry have said, if you can stop and home and have some fun, you don't add to the problem.

Too many people skidding about making 'essential journeys' braving the blizzards to buy Christmas jumpers at Next.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You came across a hornets nest with the first post. I think you may of just given a poke with this one.buzzzzzz bit OTT for me

Would you expect you granny or kids to walk home in -5 plus, because I would want mine to walk anywhere in this weather let along anyone elses:thumbdown:

Sound like you've got some issue dude sort it out.

Hit. Head. Nail. On. The.

See if that sentence can be re-arranged....

These people including elderly and kids stuck at airports have never had it so easy! F me, they should try an amble in helmand for a few days, whinging barstewards. Don't care if they can't afford a better flight package with better compensation, they live in a flippin comfortable country with many many privelages and a few nights on a dirty hard floor might won't do em any harm; did all the evacuees in the war moan about kipping in the underground? No they were all up for it and contented. Anyone who can afford a car or a flight should be jolly grateful they're in the top 1% of the worlds richest people. If you don't like the departure lounge then start walking.

Yeah I bet they were loving it.:thumbup1:

we drove from cornwall to the osgathorpe today,, a journey that normally takes 4 hours took 8 1/2.. the A30 was closed both directions,, not by police,, but by snow,,but we drove through it can pushed on until we hit clear road,,, then at exeter there was knee deep snow,, my dog was VERY happy,,

the M5 was chaos,, no tarmac to be seen there was that much snow,,, we made it, as did lots of other people,,

the only concern i had all day was the few people in rear wheel drive cars on normal road tyres that believed that they could get away with 80mph+ on 3 inches of fresh snow,,, we did see one of them later on balanced on the armco..

i thought the council/ highways/ government were doing a great job considering the conditions,, although we did not see a plough on our side at all,, we did see 4 on the southbound side,, happily ploughing it all onto our side,,,

right car, right tyres, right speed for the conditions,,,,, great fun :thumbup:

why all those people headed to the airport in the first place beats me,, there was PLENTY of warning,, enough that 4 friends all due to travel to various places via plane made other arrangements,,,

got lots of pics,, will upload tomorrow as i'm pooped,,

:wtf:

Are you for real???????

There are children and the elderly, having to sleep on the floor in the cold, with little or no help or even information from those who are in charge and you call them selfish!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

They have my deepest sympathy.

They have a choice, and made the wrong one. Get over it:biggrin: